Flower & Garden crowded

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
How crowded is Epcot going to be for Flower & Garden on a Saturday, specificily this Saturday?

I have a dinner reservation but was thinking I would cancel and do the booths, but is it going to be a total zoo?

Weekend afternoon/evening crowds can be quite high in WS. Not so crowded you cant get around but you'll notice longer lines for the outdoor kitchens and beer stands. I haven't looked at Orlando weather but if its a pretty weekend, the locals will be there. We go every year during F&G and F&W and always avoid the weekends. Just from our experience.

See you there! I’m hoping not to crazy either I don’t mind some crowds itis Disney after all! But I want to be able to enjoy it too!
Exactly my thoughts. I've been to several of the festivals and even when they do get crazy crowded the lines do seem to move fast...most of the time, lol.

I thought it was rough today, it wasn’t near as crowded on Thursday. I went last year a few times in April and I don’t remember it being this bad.

I thought it was rough today, it wasn’t near as crowded on Thursday. I went last year a few times in April and I don’t remember it being this bad.

Looking at the crowd numbers... Even Magic Kingdom was slammed - I don't think Touring Plans anticipated the spring break crowds this early... Thing had been quiet this week leading up to it.

Also - In Touring Plans defense... today is a 'Value' day as for Park and Resort Pricing. Disney is doing a great job filling up the park during the off season...

Looking at the crowd numbers... Even Magic Kingdom was slammed - I don't think Touring Plans anticipated the spring break crowds this early... Thing had been quiet this week leading up to it.

We only did Epcot today. But it was definitely night and day compared to Thursday, which makes some sense since it is a weekend. We didn’t need any fast passes Thursday but needed them today. Even moving around World Showcase was crazy. It took us almost 30mins to get from Italy to Mission space.

we were in Epcot today too and it was bad. Been to the past 5 F&W festivals and never as bad as today.

Agreed Epcot and Animal Kingdom where pretty packed yesterday.

Hollywood Studios wasn’t bad on Friday, heading to MK today hoping it’s not to bad. We chose this week hoping it wouldn’t be to bad.... either way we are having a great time so far!

We've found that weekends tend to defy crowd predictions in unusually good or unusually bad weather, especially when there is something special or time-limited going on, and I think that's because locals who can decide day-of or last-minute whether it is worth going on a particular day. So if the weather is really nice, crowds are likely to be somewhat higher than anticipated, but if it is very hot/cold or rainy, they could be somewhat lower.

It was perfect this past Thursday and Friday evenings. Yes there were crowds, but nothing like we have seen at later dates previously. Also, the topiaries and flowers were so fresh and beautiful. Did not notice really long lines at and of the food and drink locations for each country.

It was packed today. We went at rope drop, had lunch at Biergarten with hopes to do some early evening shopping and dinner at Morocco but by 4pm we were done! DD age 5 was out cold in her stroller. It was a beautiful day, we did a lot, but of was hectic!

So my question is was it busy due to opening weekend or will it be that way every weekend? We only have 3 days and we want to do half of each side of WS on each day. Mostly just in the countries and not to the booths but I don't want to have to excuse myself through people all day. But I assume it will be crazy just due to the time of year. We have gone Thanksgiving week the last couple of years so we're not scared of crowds.

So my question is was it busy due to opening weekend or will it be that way every weekend? We only have 3 days and we want to do half of each side of WS on each day. Mostly just in the countries and not to the booths but I don't want to have to excuse myself through people all day. But I assume it will be crazy just due to the time of year. We have gone Thanksgiving week the last couple of years so we're not scared of crowds.

This morning at 11 it was still crowded. It wasn’t horrible and totally walkable, but it’s crowded. Last night it was a bit crowded too. But Saturday was the busiest we have seen it. I would say it’s doable and you’ll be able to enjoy, but it was a bit more crowded then I expected to be honest.

The past several years, ever since they added food booths really, opening weekend has been noticeably busier than others that I've been, and all weekends seem to be quite a lot busier than weekdays. I'm blocked out for the 2 weeks of Spring Break though, so not sure how any of it compares to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter