Flustered! National rental car (DC) site!

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
Sorry, need to vent. (for october) Made EA ressies back in spring at the 190.00 wk. for 15 days got it at 420.00. Cannot use coupon because of length unless do the bring back thing. (so far choosing not to). Now getting 165.00 wk on site BUT it won't take the discount! I've tried it several times and different ways and just can't seem to get it to go. so it keeps still coming out higher than I already have. When I've tried the new DC # it goes to 175.00 wk and still won't take the discount. The only thing I haven't tried is doing my ressie and hitting the "change" button fear of losing the discount I already have.

Well here goes to keep trying! I still have a month left. Anyone know how the discount works? Do they only give so many out at a time frame?

:rolleyes: MKY

Sometimes the discount does not show up, but it is reflected in the total price or the base rate. To find out if this is the case, remove the coupon and/or contract ID and see if the price is different. :)

Thanks kathyR, I do know that cause on my ressie it actually does not show up and is the case in the original. I wish that were it. I get a base price of around 388.00 and goes to final price at 490.00. with taxes and handling nothing subtracted. :( MKY

Try clearing your cookies. I have to do that sometimes with National. If I try to use a code, then take the code away or change it, then go back to the original code, it doesn't show up. I have to clear my cookies and I can get the code to work again.

I checked out the prices this morning and was finding the same thing. Seems to be that they have the discount already taken out in the weekly rate. I had gotten all excited when I saw the price down to $168 but only had the free day taken off at the bottom.

The price still came out about $15 more than what I had reserved back in May. I also tried it with the new code that has not given a discount since it became a code and the base price was $212 for the week.

I also just used the EC number with the free day coupon and the weekly rate was also $168 with the free day and all the fees came to the same as the old DC code w/coupon $188.

Maybe it will come down some more and make us happy before our trip. I'm in the same boat as you waiting for something better, but at least we are finally making some headway!:bounce:

We also could not see a discount when we entered the new dc code(5042974) then tryed the old dc code (5901600) and saw the discount. may want to try this. we have a good deal, mini van for 9 days 339.70 (including tax and everything else) also used an entertainment coupon and product code nhol.Hope that helps.

I used the nhol code and the old DC contract number as well. The new number didn't give me any kind of discount. I'm hoping someone will post the Entertainment National coupon codes as I don't have my book yet and the rates are so good right now.

Thought the nhol was only good through september? Still tried this today and still not giving discount but price is good, but continues not to beat my main price. MKY :rolleyes:

i had a similar issue in June and gave up and called and i guess i sounded so exasperated that the National rep took it over the phone. took a little work. However, you would think the web site would be easier to manage, now wouldn't you?? Hope you get this worked out before your trip. good luck

Frustration!:mad:

I *finally* got the point where I'm ready to make the reservation and now I notice that I need to bring a coupon when we pick up the car. Where is the coupon??

hopskip-
If you are talking about the DC coupon, it is on thier website. Just log onto www.disneyclub.com and do a search for national car. It will pull up 3 offers, and you can just follow the instructions and print the coupon :)

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT FORGET THAT COUPON. WITHOUT IT YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE THE DISCOUNT. 2 people in line at National did not have it and they insisted on the coupon. I had mine:teeth:

Thanks KathyR. That National website got me so flustered I was ready to abandon the whole idea. I hope this doesn't reflect the service we'll get when we get there! On top of that, I finished the reservation, printed it, and realize it says "estimated total". Does that mean my total is subject to change? That really sucks for someone on a budget (me!).

That is pretty much your total unless you don't bring the car back at the time specified or you don't bring it back full of gas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter