Flying and Pins

mickeymouse1017

<font color=red>I am such a Disney nerd I am such
Has anyone had trouble flying with their Disney pins in their carry on luggage? I don't want to put them in the checked luggage but I don't want to have any problems either. Help. Thanks!!!

Its no problem at all. My kids usually have dozens in their carry-on bags on all of our trips. We've never been questioned by airport security about them. Have fun!!

We haven't had any trouble either. We took a short trip a few years back where we only had carry on bags, and there were loose pins all over the suitcase! My DH also has a pouch that he keeps all his traders in, and it's been checked by security, but it's OK on the plane. We also like to keep pins in our backpacks for any quick trades in the Earport store!

We haven't had problems either. We actually forgot to take our Honeymoon pins off that they gave us at the resort until my husband got randomly selected for a security check. haha, the security guard felt really bad to do that to him on our honeymoon but I guess someone was making sure he checked every X amount of people. He told us we probably could've walked on the plane itself with those pins but since my husband got pulled out it would stick out that he let us get by with pins on. So, I wouldn't worry about it!

Do not put your pins in your checked luggage! They are a nice target for less than honest people, and very easy for them to re-sell. Put them in your carry-on. Mine go into a clear baggie, so that if one looses a back and falls off I don't have to dig thru my luggage for it. That also makes it easy for the TSA agent to look at them if they feel the need.

Never ever put anything into your checked bags that you can't easily replace!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter