Flying Fish or Cape May for 1st Night

jcross74

Mouseketeer
We are staying at BC for the first time. On our arrival night we normally check out the hotel and relax and have a nice dinner. We have one 10 year old daughter and she is a great eater and appreciates adult flavors. I am torn between Cape May dinner buffet and Flying Fish. We already have a character breakfast at Cape May planned. Any thoughts?

If you will be there before 9/30 and someone in your group has an Annual Pass or DVC membership, definitely choose the Flying Fish to take advantage of the 30% off offer.

If not, Cape May is fine.

We are staying at BC for the first time. On our arrival night we normally check out the hotel and relax and have a nice dinner. We have one 10 year old daughter and she is a great eater and appreciates adult flavors. I am torn between Cape May dinner buffet and Flying Fish. We already have a character breakfast at Cape May planned. Any thoughts?

We really, really love Cape May. There's something there for everyone. When we were there in May we received 20% discount with our AP's - not sure if it's now 30% or not (like some others), but definitely 20% through Sept.

I love FF but I might lean towards Cape May. I do wonder, have you considered Tratorria al Forno? This was among or favorite meals. The food was delicious, the service impeccable, and it will give you the opportunity to have a different restaurant to experience.

How are you arriving? What time do you arrive?
I never make an arrival day ADR sooner than 5 hours after scheduled arrival. Travel day is full of uncontrollable delays.
I would do Cape May Cafe

Unquestionably I'd go to Flying Fish as it IMO is one of the best places on property. Now truth in advertising we've never tried Cape May but, amazing freshly prepared and unique seafood options vs a buffet wins every time in my book

It depends on the experience you're looking for. If you're like us, we like to start our trip off with a bang! I'd go for Flying Fish. We've eaten at both multiple times. While I love Cape May, Flying Fish is a lovely dining experience. Our daughter (12) is an adventurous eater too and loves the fare at both, but for different reasons. I just asked her opinion regarding your question and she yelled "Flying Fish"!!! Especially given the fact that you're eating at Cape May later in your trip. Hope this helps!

Unquestionably I'd go to Flying Fish as it IMO is one of the best places on property. Now truth in advertising we've never tried Cape May but, amazing freshly prepared and unique seafood options vs a buffet wins every time in my book

:thumbsup2 THIS!!!

We love FF, and have a 9 year old who loves it too. Granted, none of us are big buffet eaters. High volume food typically isn't as good as fine dining. Just my 2 cents.

We stayed at BC in May, we had to pass Cape May to get to the pool. I know it's a seafood buffet (I love seafood), but the smell alone was enough to turn me off. Way too fishy.

Not even close. Cape May is a low-end buffet, and the food at Red Lobster is certainly better. Go with Flying Fish, which is on a completely different level.

Interesting how people want to compare two places that aren't really comparable. First it was a post of Jiko vs 'Ohana and now it is FF vs Cape May. FF is a step up and you pay for it. Cape May is an enjoyable buffet with buffet quality food. If you want a higher quality meal and are willing to pay for it go for FF. If you have a good appetite and are happy with decent food then go for Cape May. For what it is worth my family would choose Cape May which we always enjoy.

I love FF but I might lean towards Cape May. I do wonder, have you considered Tratorria al Forno? This was among or favorite meals. The food was delicious, the service impeccable, and it will give you the opportunity to have a different restaurant to experience.

We love Cape May, we're not sold on the new Flying Fish, but we will always recommend Trattoria

We love Cape May, we're not sold on the new Flying Fish, but we will always recommend Trattoria

I feel that way about the new Flying Fish too, but the 30% off deal made me check out their menu on MDE, and it sounds better IMO than the last time I looked. We will consider going there in September though we are already planning to go to Bluezoo for Magical Dining Month.

Flying Fish is great, but Bluezoo is right there too:)

What drinks do you like to order at Bluezoo, Amber? I've seen you post that drinks are great there. Curious what you get. I will be with a few non-teetotalers, myself included. ;)

Cape May is my favorite place to dine the first day. It's casual but nice, there's tons of options, it's delicious and the staff always seems extra magical. Flying Fish always feels a little more special and I would do that on a day maybe on a night of a resort day or a low key park day?

What drinks do you like to order at Bluezoo, Amber? I've seen you post that drinks are great there. Curious what you get. I will be with a few non-teetotalers, myself included. ;)

I don't like Manhattans usually, but their's are made from heaven and unicorns and rainbows and garnished with kitten licks - I hope that wasn't religious. The men in my life have all been bourbon drinkers - all over the world, they love it. The Zooberry is made of fluffy clouds and lots of fun. The Bee Knees is the cat's pajamas. Do have anyone in your party thinking they are driving anywhere.

No one will have a car. We are staying at the Swan. :)

I thought that Bluezoo served a drink with bacon, but maybe I got my restaurants mixed up. Shula's?

I will take your word for it and try a Manhattan. :) The menu description makes it sound smooth, and I love me some smooth bourbon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter