Flying Fish or Yatchsman Steakhouse for Anniversary meal

dismoose23

Mouseketeer
DW and I have a trip planned for next June and will be staying at BWI (cannot wait!). This will be our first time staying at a BWI and have heard wonderful things about the restaurants around Crescent Lake. I was wondering between FF and YS which you would choose for an anniversary meal.

Both have good beef, both serve seafood/fish but one excels. One has a more innovative decor and over the moon desserts.
Yes well I'd choose Flying Fish apparently;).

Last edited:
Both are terrific. Does one menu appeal over the other? I’d give slight edge to Flying Fish, personally.

Both are good choices. We prefer YSH for the menu. Not a fan of the FF menu since the redo a year or two ago.

FF for sure!

We had a bad experience at YSH, enough that we will not be back as there are so many other good places to eat.

Been to each for different special occasions, and have had the steak at each. Bottom line, if you're in it for the beef, go to YS. Otherwise, FF is superior in every other aspect, IMO.

My vote is for Yachtsman as well. They do that steak thing really well. If you had asked me before they changed their menu I might have given the edge to FF.

I happen to love yachtsman Steakhouse. I think the service there is really good and the food is amazing I've never eaten at flying fish but I'm sure whatever you pick will be there right one.

If you're not on the dining plan please consider Shula's. Or other restaurants at the Swolphin.

We just had a wonderful meal at the Flying Fish last week! The service was impeccable too!! Out waiter Izzy knew the menu inside and out!

If you're not on the dining plan please consider Shula's. Or other restaurants at the Swolphin.

Totally agree. We have been to Flying Fish, Yachtsman and Shulas. All three are great but Shulas has the best steak if that is what you are looking for.

Really enjoy Flying Fish, have not been to Yachtsmans.
My general rule is I don't order steak at a Seafood restaurant and I don't order Seafood at a Steak house. While they may do well with the other, its not what they excel at.
I guess it depends on whether you are looking for seafood or steak.

^^^^This. When we both want steak, YS wins. DW doesn’t do seafood in restaurants (does eat a limited number of options at home, but doesn’t want to squander vacation dining on it), but enjoys the filet at FF while I have one of the seafood options. She says the FF steak is just as good as at YS. The filet is actually a couple of dollars cheaper at FF, but hardly a significant factor relative to the overall meal cost.

I think that they are both fantastic, and you won’t go wrong with either.

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you everyone for your input. I know I can always count on the DIS board members to help out with restaurant selections :thumbsup2. I will let you know what we decide on and will provide a review.

If it was my anniversary I would go with FF. This is based solely on my wife & I's taste, and experiences at each. Another plus for FF is that once you leave you are in the thick of the BW area, which is a nice touch.

In the end you really can't go wrong with either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter