Flying Fish with Kids

pmcue

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever been to flying fish with their kids. We are intersted in going, but want to make sure it is appropriate with them ages 9 and 11. Also, is the dress Disney Casual??

We took our kids 6 and 3 in July and they had a ball! We all enjoyed the meal, and the kids were definately welcome and not out of place. The dress is definately Disney Casual, so don't worry, and have a GREAT time! This is probably our favorite restaurant on WDW property!

Originally posted by pmcue
Has anyone ever been to flying fish with their kids. We are intersted in going, but want to make sure it is appropriate with them ages 9 and 11. Also, is the dress Disney Casual??
We've been there with our kids, but it's a pretty unfair comparison since ages of our two are about 3 times the ages of your two. That said, we've seen a good number of families enjoying FF, and there's what appears to me to be a pretty decent children's menu here. After all, this is WDW, so children are welcome almost everywhere (Victoria and Albert might be the most important exception).

As to dress, Disney Casual is probably as good a description as any. We are generally wearing shorts or slacks and polo shirts for the males, but have seen others with respectable tee shirts and shorts without looking out of place.

Ralph

It's Disney World, so of course it is an appropriate restuarant for your children. We have taken our kids (now 11 and 5) there for years and have always seen lots of other kids there too. It's a great restaurant - enjoy!

Is it rude for my DKs 14 & 12 to order from the children's menu? The children's meal is just enough to fill them.....with a little room for dessert:D Don't want to get dirty looks at a nice restaurant.

Kathy:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Another vote for Flying Fish with kids! We had Thanksgiving dinner there last year with our kids (5 and 2 at the time). I think it would be fine for a 12 and a 14 yr. old to order off of the kids' menu, especially at a high-end seafood restaurant. I'm guessing it happens every day!

I've never eaten there with kids, but they have a "bar" by the open kitchen where you can eat, so you can watch them cook too. That should certainly help to entertain kids. My nephew would love this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter