Flying in and out from Tampa, to save on air tickets but

JimboCh

Mouseketeer
The car rental is costing $150 to $200 more Pick up Tampa, Drop off Tampa Large Car ............What gives ? why is a car rental from Tampa so high? Thought it would be the same as Orlando or less from Tampa.

Dates are 12/3 - 12/13

The car rental is costing $150 to $200 more Pick up Tampa, Drop off Tampa Large Car ............What gives ? why is a car rental from Tampa so high? Thought it would be the same as Orlando or less from Tampa.

Dates are 12/3 - 12/13

Supply and demand! Simple.

And sometimes Tampa rental cars are much cheaper. My only problem is I can never get the cheap flight to match up with the cheap rental. :crazy2:

We have done Tampa before have also done fly down to Tampa and out of orlando to save money. You can save money that way just have to price it out. Also the kids like to look for the Mickey power lines you see when come from. Tampa

And sometimes Tampa rental cars are much cheaper. My only problem is I can never get the cheap flight to match up with the cheap rental. :crazy2:

Exactly. When we get a less expensive flight car, rentals are much higher. Has happened to us 3 times.

Looks like a mid-size from Dollar for your dates (Corporate code: oi1054) is $306 including taxes. Full-size or Mid-size SUV is $382. Hopefully something better will come along as you get closer.

Car rental dropped to $234 for 10 days Tampa, DEC 3rd to DEC 13th.............looking good! Large Car:cool1:

Stay away from Dollar they charge a $35 one way drop fee now in Florida.

Look this Tue that is when last minute specials are released. I never book my car until then and have always had great luck.

Try googleing Visa Alamo code. There is a $15 off coupon good till the end of the year and no you don't need to present the code when renting

I booked a one-way rental from Alamo via UndercoverTourist for about $65. We decided to fly into TPA which allowed us to take an early flight and save about $160 total. Even with the rental car and gas, we will still come out ahead. We are just driving the car to WDW and dropping it off at the Car Care Center. I allowed about 4 hours for the rental so that we can make a grocery stop along the way. Then we'll head to the hotel (AKV), drop off the luggage and groceries and head over to the CCC. It sounds simple enough, but it is our first time so we will have to see how it works out.

I booked a one-way rental from Alamo via UndercoverTourist for about $65. We decided to fly into TPA which allowed us to take an early flight and save about $160 total. Even with the rental car and gas, we will still come out ahead. We are just driving the car to WDW and dropping it off at the Car Care Center. I allowed about 4 hours for the rental so that we can make a grocery stop along the way. Then we'll head to the hotel (AKV), drop off the luggage and groceries and head over to the CCC. It sounds simple enough, but it is our first time so we will have to see how it works out.

Check to see if the price changes if you make it a 24 hour rental. If it doesn't change (and in my experience it doesn't, as the 4 hour rental period is being charged as 24 hours anyway) you might consider changing it, just to give you a nice cushion of time.

I keep checking prices over and over as well. When I've locked-in the lowest price, the day before the trip I'll go on priceline.com and try "name your price" and enter an amount lower than my lowest price. Has worked several times.

Which car rental agencies lets you pick out what car you want as long as it is in the row of the size car you reserved.

I'm down to $232 at Budget (TPA), but I like your idea of trying priceline tomorrow.

Not exactly sure which reservation to keep.........I booked Alamo through carrentalsavers.com for $232......but I don't have a Alamo confirmation number to check in early with

Has $232 as a sub total and $ 0 for taxes and fees.total is $232. So I'm kind of scared I am going to be charged extra when checking in.

All carrentalsavers gives you is a trip Id number.

The budget reservation I have is for $244 and every charge is listed on that and seems like a safer reservation.

But picking out your own car at Alamo sounds good too.

Just not sure what to do??????

Rebooked Alamo this morning at $219 and I now have a Confirmation number and I checked it on the Alamo site....so all is good:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter