• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying in for the 50th! Family of 7 October 2021 PTR

DH-2-mamaduck

DisDad#446 - Family of 7 from MN
WDW - October 2021 - PTR

It has been nearly 5 years since we have been back to WDW. We have been talking about it the past few years but timing and other events going on. After a month of back and forth, and DW and DD telling me all the memories we will make, and that the Littles, DD10, DD8, were only 5 and 4 last time we went...I booked the trip. There are much unknowns yet, and things have changed from last time, so we will take this a month at a time and see how things go as the trip draws closer.

Previous WDW & DL Trips:

When: October 19-25, 2021
Who: Party of 7 (Me + DW and our 5 Kidlets)
Where: Pop Century x 2 Rooms

Average Temperature for October:
Hi: 85
Lo: 68
Avg. Rain: 2.28"

Sunrise/Sunset:
7:26 am - 7:38 pm

Last edited:
I logged in to MDE to get everything linked to my account. Good news is I remembered my login and password. Bad news is, everything was empty. I debated about having Mamaduck and the 3 oldest create their own accounts, but wasn't really sure if that was a good idea to manage the trip, and after a little reading on here, decided not to. Question: What have you done for your family?

I linked the reservations, added everyone back in, and we had a little fun letting everyone pick out an avatar. Video call with DD19 at college and let her try to make up her mind.

565015 565019 565020 565021 565022 565023 565024

Park reservations are made. We will spend 2 days at MK, 1 day at the rest. DD8, on every day, "Animal Kingdom!"

Wed = MK
Thu = DHS
Fri = MK
Sat = DAK
Sun = Epcot

Not much new to report in the past 2 months. We did book our airfare for the trip. 6 of us will fly in together and DD19 will fly in directly from college. She is scheduled to land about 40 minutes before we do.

We decided not to do MDE and our phones/watches for each, instead stick w/ the Magic Bands. Don't want to hassle or have to worry about "my phone died." I selected some MB's but didn't order them yet and they sold out and have to reselect - no biggie, we selected news ones and going to place the order.

I have been keeping up w/ the latest news, hoping to hear more about the 50th and the unknowns and changes that will be happening over the next several months. I am expecting to see the Boo Bash release in next coming week. I'd like to sign up for it. We did MNSSHP in 2006 and would like the littles to experience it. Tickets sound like they will be $130/person.

5:00am, the alarm goes off, snooze, snooze, snooze....5:28am, I get up. Time to get on the road as taking DD(19) off to her second year of college. She is driving and I'm in the passenger seat getting ready to make reservations. I can't book 7 and it won't let you book a party of 4 then go back in as party of 3. Even tried booking through DD(19) MDE, but still would not. I'm a family of 7, so making ADR's online doesn't work well, so called them in.

Here is what we made reservations for:
  1. Skipper Canteen
  2. Kona Café
  3. Beaches & Cream
  4. Liberty Tree Tavern
  5. Yak & Yeti
  6. Rainforest Café
  7. Coral Reef
  8. San Angel Inn

Could not get into Sci-fi and will try to book Space 220 when it opens up.

Last edited:
Received the See ya real soon letter in the mail yesterday with the earidescent sticker letting me know I could start making dining reservations a month ago.

35 days to go!

Attachments

• 1492EE37-038D-4671-83AB-F801632ADEDE.jpeg
    1492EE37-038D-4671-83AB-F801632ADEDE.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1
Made the 30 day payment today. Already spent $$$ and haven’t event ate any food or bought anything yet.

Question: what do you think about Space 220 menu and experience? I’m debating the $350-$450 spend for lunch-dinner if I can score reservations. Maybe Be our Guest would be better, but everyone I know said it’s a disappointment. Space 220 looks really cool.

2 nights to go! Everyone is 90% packed. Kids have work/school tomorrow and we will do final packing Monday night after I drop off the dogs with a friend. Have DD22's boyfriend checking on the chickens while we are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter