Flying out of Islip

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
Anyone back home that flew out of Islip last week? How was check in? How early did you get to the airport? TIA

We arrived at Islip at 4:45 a.m.for a 6:30 flight. It was a rainy morning, and I'd planned to be there at 4:30. We drove and had no problem finding a parking spot. There were about 6-8 people on line ahead of us at the ticket counter, and about the same going through security. We had plenty of time. However, if you are picked out of the line to have your bags searched, that is where you need the extra time. Islip is really a pleasure!

We flew last Tuesday. Got there at 5:10 for the 6:50 flight. NO ONE THERE! Couldn't believe it. No line at curbside, counter or security. First time I've ever seen that. Security was pretty thorough this time as well. Turn on lap top, take off shoes, go through carry on bags. Overall, fine. Trying again 3/24....

Islip is a great little airport! When I fly (which isn't much anymore), I try to go from there. My husband flies very often and has to deal with LaGuardia and Kennedy, but he has it down to a fine science.

We are driving down from Albany to fly out of Islip for Spring break.
How are the lines at Southwest down there? We are flying out at 2:30
and plan on arriving at 11:30. Will 3 hours be enough?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter