Flying with a rollator

Flew in September with both my parents. We had our personal wheelchair and rollator. My Dad sat in the wheelchair and Mom had the rollator. She did use the airline wheelchair, so I actually pushed the rollator with all the carry-ons on it through most of the airport while the airline/airport people pushed my parents in wheelchairs. It actually worked pretty well overall. At security, the rollator did not go through the belt, but was swabbed and looked over very closely. At the gate, my Mom just moved to a regular seat and then when we boarded, she pushed her rollator and then I folded both the wheelchair and rollator at the door of the plane. We were preboarded and one of the gate agents actually pushed the wheelchair on since my hands were full with the 2 of them and bags.

It was an experience to have both and I really am hoping not to try that again with the 2 of them next year.

Flew in September with both my parents. We had our personal wheelchair and rollator. My Dad sat in the wheelchair and Mom had the rollator. She did use the airline wheelchair, so I actually pushed the rollator with all the carry-ons on it through most of the airport while the airline/airport people pushed my parents in wheelchairs. It actually worked pretty well overall. At security, the rollator did not go through the belt, but was swabbed and looked over very closely. At the gate, my Mom just moved to a regular seat and then when we boarded, she pushed her rollator and then I folded both the wheelchair and rollator at the door of the plane. We were preboarded and one of the gate agents actually pushed the wheelchair on since my hands were full with the 2 of them and bags.

It was an experience to have both and I really am hoping not to try that again with the 2 of them next year.
Thanks for the suggestion-use the rollator to carry carry-ons! Next week is "Next time" when we'll be bringing my rollator to be gate checked rather than box it up. That will make it easier to get to our rental car if we have to go outside.

I travel solo often and when I last flew, I used a rollator to get my main baggage and carryon baggage to the gate. I had flat bungee cords that attached to my checked rolling luggage that allowed me to push it. I unload the bags at security (TSA pre-check) and they move it the rollator around the side as I go through the scanner. Then I have my cane, CPAP, carry-on bag, and personal item bag on the seat of the rollator and roll over to the gate. I check the rollator at the gate and they tag it so it can be stored under the plan. I then pre-board rolling it all down the ramp, unload the bags, fold up the rollator (using the plastic hook/clip to keep it folded) and then manhandle my stuff on to the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter