• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying with kids?`

Forensicmom

Mouseketeer
My kids have never flown before and we are traveling to Disney World this November. Can anyone tell me what type of identification they will need? The youngest 3 do not have a drivers license and we were wondering how they verify who they are?

If you purchased a seat for them (ie not a lap baby) they do not need any type of identification.

I have never had to identify dd with paperwork. They just look at the adults license. One time in MCO a security guard put her arm out to stop DD at the security scanner and asked Dd her name. I thought Dd was going to freak but she found her voice back and answered, that was 5 years ago and 14 flights later.

As another Poster said they don't need ID. No one under 18 needs Id for the TSA security. Now for the airlines if the child is a lap baby (under 2, and flying without their own seat), then they need their birth certificate. They also need their birth certificate if they are flying on a special youth fare and those are few and far between and you would know it when you booked the fare.

If you bought regular adult fares for your kids then you need no ID for them.

The way things are going, I won't be surprised if they don't start making us carry id for our kids. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter