Foiled again by FoP FP+....

William Ades

Mouseketeer
Recent discussions had my hopes high for the chance to score some FoP FP's. I've seen several folks mention they had no issues getting them at the 60+ day window, and that they appeared to be easier to obtain these days. Alas...it is not!! Got up bright and early this morning, signed in right at 7a ET and....NOTHING AVAILABLE for the entire day!!! 3rd trip in a row I have got gotten the shaft. FoP FP's are like my unicorn at this point. It is literally the one thing at Disney that I have not been able to achieve...Lol!! So don't get too excited by the rhetoric on some of the threads, FoP is still in extremely high demand and if you don't have a reservation that is longer than about 4 days, and you are also able to plan on AK being your 4th or 5th day (to be fair, we are trying to go on our 2nd day which is day 61) be prepared for disappointment...

Ugh, now I have to check the App several times a day for the next 60 days. Isn't Disney planning fun? LOL!!

Is this over Memorial Day Weekend? I've heard lots of people having a hard time during that time.

We are going in November and planning 3 different 1/2-3/4 days at AK. I am hoping for a FP on day 61 but if we don't I'm really hoping for days 65 and 67 or 68. I forget which days we are going but it's a 9 night trip and I have AK spread out a bit.

Is this over Memorial Day Weekend? I've heard lots of people having a hard time during that time.

We are going in November and planning 3 different 1/2-3/4 days at AK. I am hoping for a FP on day 61 but if we don't I'm really hoping for days 65 and 67 or 68. I forget which days we are going but it's a 9 night trip and I have AK spread out a bit.
It is the Tuesday after Memorial Day that I was trying to get. I checked Wednesday as well, and there was nothing there either. Thursday is our MK Day and we leave on Friday.

I think you will be good on Day 65+. Day 64 seems to be the magic number.

Yeah, I just looked. I can get some in the evening on my 4th day, but that is our MK day and already have 2 ADRs set. It was originally going to be our AK day for this reason, but I couldn't the ADRs we wanted for MK on Tuesday so we rolled the dice. Came up "Snake Eyes" Lol!!!

Yeah, 60 days from today is Memorial Day. Tough day and tough week. Unofficial start to summer for many parts of the country, including big chunks of the southeast.

Sorry you had troubles OP - thanks for reporting in on your experience.

Yeah, I just looked. I can get some in the evening on my 4th day, but that is our MK day and already have 2 ADRs set. It was originally going to be our AK day for this reason, but I couldn't the ADRs we wanted for MK on Tuesday so we rolled the dice. Came up "Snake Eyes" Lol!!!

If I were you, I would switch the dates and grab the FOP fp. ADRs are very fluid. Some hard-to-get ones would have availability a day or two prior to the dining day.

The availability tool on Touring Plans shows space for 1 person on that Wednesday. There are a few overlapping times. I don't know how many people you have, but maybe look for smaller numbers and overlap them?

I booked our fast passes for the same week on Monday. Our first ak day is may 27th. The only fop fast passes available were after 7:00 pm. The rest of the week was wide open when I booked Monday. Guess they have all been reserved in the last three days.

For those of you who have had success getting one by checking regularly, do you have more success the week/days before? I know day of should be easier. I'm 2 weeks out and have been refreshing for 10 minutes at a time 5 or 6 times a day for the past week with no luck. I'm probably at 10k refreshes at this point.

I would keep my ADRs and just get in line for FoP near the end of the day when the line is short. The are ways to ride it with a reasonable wait even if you can’t get a FP.

At 7:00am this morning I found very little availability for Wednesday of Memorial Day week, more for Thursday, and quite a bit for Friday and Saturday. For Sunday there was a gracious plenty. I agree that four days out seems to be the charm; people should be planning their AK days as far out in their trip as possible.

The availability tool on Touring Plans shows space for 1 person on that Wednesday. There are a few overlapping times. I don't know how many people you have, but maybe look for smaller numbers and overlap them?

What availability tool? I have a Touring Plans subscription, and I haven't found this gem yet. I know there used to be one out there, but it shut down a long time ago.

I got a FOP this morning for a party of 3
Right at FP opening, there were several options of availability after 6 pm on May 30.
And several after 4 pm on May 31.
Nothing on May 28 or 29

Ideally, we would have liked to do FOP before noon so we could have a morning at AK, but I had to be flexible and now we will be there at night. It messed up my ADR for that night, and we will probably won't be able to do the safari this time (better in the AM, IMO) ... but I feel lucky that there was something available and I'll just reset my plans accordingly.
I mean ... after all these years on the DIS, I better be able to make suitable substitute arrangements! HA!

Plus, now I have something to tweak for the next 60 days! :lovestruc

If Disney extends park hours they will release more fastpasses. Is that a possibility for your dates? Of not I would just arrive 60 to 90 mins before opening and ride at RD.

Last edited:
TBH I've heard the opposite. The disboards are filled with people who couldn't get FOP 60+ days out. Just keep checking, I always have been able to snag them within a couple weeks (if not hours) of my trip.

I will be there in 11 days and i had LOTS of availability from the day we arrived and every day thereafter. I was VERY worried because we are arriving on a Monday and i assumed the bulk of people would arrive the weekend before and overlap my window making it impossible to get. I ended up booking 1:15PM on day 62. Truly, i was shocked. But i wanted to let everyone know that it is actually possible for some dates :) Good luck to all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter