Foiled again by FoP FP+....

I will be there in 11 days and i had LOTS of availability from the day we arrived and every day thereafter. I was VERY worried because we are arriving on a Monday and i assumed the bulk of people would arrive the weekend before and overlap my window making it impossible to get. I ended up booking 1:15PM on day 62. Truly, i was shocked. But i wanted to let everyone know that it is actually possible for some dates :) Good luck to all!!

Believe it or not I’m pretty sure Sunday is the bulk of checkout days so Mondays should be fine actually

Isn't Disney planning fun? LOL!!

Just think how excited you will be when you get those FoP FPs!! (I think I can, I think I can....)

Have faith.... Memorial Day weekend hours may change. Be on the look out for that. This is now your top priority in life! As suggested, see if you can 1,2,3 FP, then keep looking for rest of your party. They don't have to be the exact time, just overlap.

I am curious how many fast passes you were trying to get.
For 4 people...we were planning to be in AK on our first night and i had no hope for that but it was available. However, i decided to save it for our second trip to AK on day 62 and got Navi River for Day 60 instead.
In fact, i think i even went back and changed the time on day 62 because of a conflict with an ADR (there was availability).

Recent discussions had my hopes high for the chance to score some FoP FP's. I've seen several folks mention they had no issues getting them at the 60+ day window, and that they appeared to be easier to obtain these days. Alas...it is not!! Got up bright and early this morning, signed in right at 7a ET and....NOTHING AVAILABLE for the entire day!!! 3rd trip in a row I have got gotten the shaft. FoP FP's are like my unicorn at this point. It is literally the one thing at Disney that I have not been able to achieve...Lol!! So don't get too excited by the rhetoric on some of the threads, FoP is still in extremely high demand and if you don't have a reservation that is longer than about 4 days, and you are also able to plan on AK being your 4th or 5th day (to be fair, we are trying to go on our 2nd day which is day 61) be prepared for disappointment...

Ugh, now I have to check the App several times a day for the next 60 days. Isn't Disney planning fun? LOL!!

Yesterday my brother and his wife were at AK. They followed the Touring PLans rope drop strategy (and actually got there later than planned). They were off FOP by 8:30am (got to AK at 7:25am). I helped them with 4th, 5th etc FPs after they tapped into their 3rd and was able to secure a FOP FP for them as their 6th FP and at a decent time. It happens, you just have to be persistent.

We were fortunate enough to take an 11 day (10 park day) trip in December, and our first AK day was day 6, so we had our choice of FP. For spring break the first week of March, we had a 4 day trip, with AK on the last day, and only evening FP were available (that didn't work for us). HOWEVER, we got lucky and were able to find a 1:10 FP+ for that day a few days later by refreshing on the website (all FP+ were gone by this point). So if you keep looking, periodically, perhaps you can also luck out.

I was able to get 60+3 earlier this week for that weekend. I was on right away and the earliest I was able to get was 2 pm.

I was trying to get 4. Even tried two. There is nothing on 5/28 or 5/29. There are evening slots available on 5/30, and then on 5/31 and 6/1 there is a fair amount out there. The other days just not going to work for us this trip.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the suggestions. Under normal circumstances I would definitely move ADRs and change days, but I am planning with another family of 3 which gives us a total of 7. We got some pretty sweet ADRs including Tusker House w/ROL preferred seating on 5/29, but also BoG just in time to see Festival of Fantasy, and Crystal Palace just in time to walk out and see Happily Ever After. I got all of those for 7 guests, and changing them at this point would be nearly impossible and much more work than I am willing to put in. Got Na'vi River, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Everest all FP'ed and we will just do the Rope Drop plan for FoP. I knew it was a risk being Memorial Day week. All is and will be good. Don't think I won't be stalking the FP+ site daily though...LOL!!!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the suggestions. Under normal circumstances I would definitely move ADRs and change days, but I am planning with another family of 3 which gives us a total of 7. We got some pretty sweet ADRs including Tusker House w/ROL preferred seating on 5/29, but also BoG just in time to see Festival of Fantasy, and Crystal Palace just in time to walk out and see Happily Ever After. I got all of those for 7 guests, and changing them at this point would be nearly impossible and much more work than I am willing to put in. Got Na'vi River, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Everest all FP'ed and we will just do the Rope Drop plan for FoP. I knew it was a risk being Memorial Day week. All is and will be good. Don't think I won't be stalking the FP+ site daily though...LOL!!!
I love the idea of CP and seeing HEA after. We are going in Nov (party season) so nights they have Hea will be nuts, crowd wise.

What time do you suggest for CP?

Heading into MK on a crazy crowd day would be a lot more palatable if we had a nice dinner planned...

Thanks!

I logged on exactly at 7am this morning and went straight to Wed the 30th - the earliest time I could get for a group of 3 was at 6:10. I grabbed it, but thats way later then I wanted as we are driving home that day. Hoping I can snag an earlier time through some fluke.

I love the idea of CP and seeing HEA after. We are going in Nov (party season) so nights they have Hea will be nuts, crowd wise.

What time do you suggest for CP?

Heading into MK on a crazy crowd day would be a lot more palatable if we had a nice dinner planned...

Thanks!
I'd say give yourself 2 hours prior to the scheduled time of the fireworks. That way you don't have to worry about rushing your meal, and since it's a character meal it can take a little longer since you have to wait for them to visit your table. 2 2 hours should be plenty of time though, especially since it is a buffet and you don't have to wait for servers, food, etc...

If Disney extends park hits they will release more fastpasses. Is that a possibility for your dates? Of not I would just arrive 60 to 90 mins before opening and ride at RD.
This is probably a good plan as being Memorial Day week, I am sure Disney will extend hours somewhat.

Sorry I am new at this, but I read all the posts and can't figure it out. What is FOP and is there a place I can look up abbreviations?

My 60 day window is tomorrow, I am hopefully seeing that people reported FOP fp's for later in the week. We are there from May 29-June 8 for park days, so I sure hope I can get atleast 1 set of fp's for FOP!

Yesterday my brother and his wife were at AK. They followed the Touring PLans rope drop strategy (and actually got there later than planned). They were off FOP by 8:30am (got to AK at 7:25am). I helped them with 4th, 5th etc FPs after they tapped into their 3rd and was able to secure a FOP FP for them as their 6th FP and at a decent time. It happens, you just have to be persistent.

That is awesome! I tried so hard to get FOP for me and my daughter as a 4th back in February. I probably spent 5 hours at the park refreshing. Never did get it. Makes me a tad sad I was so preoccupied trying to get it. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter