Fold-up wheelchairs of Fort Wilderness golf carts?

SherriA1

Mouseketeer
We will be doing a family trip this coming December to Fort Wilderness and staying in the cabins there. My dad, who is 73 and has mobility issues, will be coming with us. We are probably going to rent a manual wheelchair for him through an offsite rental company. My question is: Has anyone with a manual wheelchair ever stayed at the Fort and rented a golf cart there? I'm wondering if the manual wheelchairs rented off-site can be folded up and put on the back of the golf carts that are rented at the Fort. We've stayed at the Fort before and rented a golf cart, but this is our first trip with my dad in many years, so I'm just trying to figure out logistics!!

We have been going there for years, and I don't think it would be a problem.
They are 4 seaters with a hand rail, I don't know how many people you have with you but, if you have 2 in the front your Dad being one of them you should have room to fold it up in the back and have someone hold it,you may have to get creative but I think it can be done.

I really hope this answers the question and I hope you have fun with your Dad.

Oh one more thing, I have seen a lot of people put strollers and more back there before, some questionable things that I had to wonder how they did it, so I think your good. Hope this helps.

We will be doing a family trip this coming December to Fort Wilderness and staying in the cabins there. My dad, who is 73 and has mobility issues, will be coming with us. We are probably going to rent a manual wheelchair for him through an offsite rental company. My question is: Has anyone with a manual wheelchair ever stayed at the Fort and rented a golf cart there? I'm wondering if the manual wheelchairs rented off-site can be folded up and put on the back of the golf carts that are rented at the Fort. We've stayed at the Fort before and rented a golf cart, but this is our first trip with my dad in many years, so I'm just trying to figure out logistics!!
bring a few bungie cords but you will only be able to have your dad and the person driving the cart n the cart, you are not going to be able to use the back seat for people. noticed you said family trip so I am assuming more than just the 2 of you. you will need more than one golf cart and that can make an expense. the year I had to use an ECV we sent me and one of adults on the internal bus and others on the cart and did the same on way back

Thanks for the info! Yes, we will have 4 adults and one toddler on our trip, so we will have to think through our options.

They do have some 6 seater carts. But you cannot reserve them.

We had a large Convaid chair and we used small bungee cords to strap it to back of cart. there were only 3 of us, so I usually rode in back facing backwards, with the chair, on our regular cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter