• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Folding laundry...

I hate folding stuff so I only fold towels and table linens. I wash our sheets right before I put them on so I don't have to fold them. DS12 and DS16 do their own laundry and do the same thing. Everything is hung up including t-shirts, shorts, and jeans.

I hate folding stuff so I only fold towels and table linens. I wash our sheets right before I put them on so I don't have to fold them. DS12 and DS16 do their own laundry and do the same thing. Everything is hung up including t-shirts, shorts, and jeans.
You hang up shorts?

In this house, folding clothes is man’s work. 🤣

I handle the washing and drying, then DH puts everything on the bed and folds-with no tv, but sometimes, music. (He does all the cooking, too.) I’m one lucky lady!

when I had to do laundry as chore and was stuck w/ the sock basket I def sat in front of the tv in the den trying to match up socks.

I average 2 loads a week. I usually fold clothes in front of the tv on our huge ottoman and they all immediately get put away. Sheets never get folded as I just put them back on the bed. Towels usually get folded at the kitchen table.

Most of the time, clothes come out of the dryer, into a laundry basket, then dumped in a pile in our family room where our dog likes to bury underneath (especially when it’s cold outside). Once he’s done, one of us folds it while watching TV.

when I had to do laundry as chore and was stuck w/ the sock basket I def sat in front of the tv in the den trying to match up socks.
I just match them as they come out of the dryer. So nice not to have socks all summer! Gah will have to start wearing them again soon.

I wash an 1-2 loads every 3-4 days. When it’s dried I put it in a basket and onto a bench next to our bed. My SO then folds it when he feels like it. Usually within a day or two. Always before I wash the next load because I need the empty baskets.

He sets my clothes on my side of the bed and then I put it away how I like. I also hang up almost everything except undergarments, pjs and workout clothes.

My teen and young adult wash their own clothes.

Laundry room to living room sit down & fold with tv on I’m usually talking on phone too
Stack basket by steps carry upstairs next time I go up - put it away that night when getting ready for bed - Saturday my big laundry day - sheets / towels / rugs etc always fold & put away same day can’t stand wrinkles as I don’t ever want to iron if I don’t have to will fluff in dryer first with wet cloth to avoid ironing!

I have never watched TV while folding laundry. I fold as I take items from the dryer, or put on hangers.

Only underwear gets folded, and socks get paired outside of the laundry room... and those get done on the bed, usually with the TV on for noise.

Yes this is the only one I do in front of the tv.

Rest get folded in piles on the dryer then put into basket to take up 2 flights of stairs.

Our laundry area is too small to fold clothes in (sort of a laundry hallway/mudroom/entrance from the garage combo.) I bring the basket to the kitchen table which is open to the family room and fold there. Sometimes the TV is on, sometimes not. The nice thing about folding at the table is that no one gets dinner until their laundry basket of folded clothes is put away.

I mostly fold in the family room, with the TV on. There, I have room to make piles for the different family members, plus extra piles for, say, kitchen or bathroom towels.

Delicates are hung dry, as are some cleaning cloths (depends on if I snag them on the way to the dryer--I'm not picky!). I do put Hawaiian shirts directly on to hangers in the laundry room--I would do this with dress shirts, too, if my guys wore them. If the guys don't bring down their hangers, they get the shirts ready for hanging (not folded--shaken out and laid on top of their pile). Kids are on their own to collect delicates, hang up shirts as needed, put away their stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter