Food Allergy and Rainforest Cafe

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
We will be taking DD to her birthday dinner at Rainforest Cafe DTD on Sunday. She has an egg allergy, so a lot of desserts are out of the question. The last 2 times we've gone out for a dinner birthday, the places had nothing she could eat for dessert so no one came to sing or make any deal at all. :(

Soooo...I'd really like to try to order her something special for dessert and hopefully have them sing to her. I looked at the menu and there are some that might work (ice cream), but I want to make sure before I order obviously and I want it to be a surprise.

So my question is: I know RFC isn't a Disney owned restaurant, do how do they handle food allergies and how can I talk to a manager or chef or someone who could help me (hopefully without DD knowing, so not AT the table)?

Any advice would be great!! Thanks!!

We eat at the one at AK on every trip and my son has dairy and egg allergies, they are always very accommodating and have a variety of food for him but he's always too full to eat dessert so I never really checked into that, but this is their phone number and I'm sure they can make it a nice surprise for her - 407-827-8500 :thumbsup2 Have a wonderful trip, I'm sure your dd will have a great bd!!

al6yi5tjsw0zgf85.png

We eat at the one at AK on every trip and my son has dairy and egg allergies, they are always very accommodating and have a variety of food for him but he's always too full to eat dessert so I never really checked into that, but this is their phone number and I'm sure they can make it a nice surprise for her - 407-827-8500 :thumbsup2 Have a wonderful trip, I'm sure your dd will have a great bd!!

al6yi5tjsw0zgf85.png

Thanks so much! I'll give them a call tomorrow!

we ate at RFC a couple of years ago when I had a peanut, tree nut, egg and shellfish allergy (I now have about 8 more allergies). They were amazing. It was actually one of our best meals. We also always eat at the RFC in DTD in Disneyland and they are better than a lot of the DL restaurants! So in general, they are very accomodating with allergies.

However, we don't have experience with the desserts. Because of my severity of peanut and tree nut allergy (cross contamination is a HUGE concern for us) we usually don't do desserts. But I was so stuffed after my burger and appetizer at RFC that dessert was an after though (and I had a cupcake from Babycakes anyway!)

I can't speak for the Disney location, but the location in Seattle was very good about my gluten allergy. Unfortunately, there was precious little I could order and I wasn't thrilled with my meal, but... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter