Food Allergy Menus (pictures in thread)

Thank you for this thread. I have been noting my daughter's corn allergy on all our ADR s as it is one of the clickable options but these menus do not address corn at all. Hopefully soon :)

Hi

I'm a coeliac and having never been to WDW before, do you ask to see the Allergy menu, or will it be visible at the location you have gone to?
Thanks

This is going to be very helpful, I am hoping they are still available and up to date. We will be taking my niece who has severe peanut and tree nut allergies. Thanks!!!

This is so helpful, thank you! If anyone has updated information or experience with multiple severe allergies, I would love to hear what you have to say. My daughter will be 3 at the time of travel and is severely allergic to wheat, milk, and egg. I'm petrified of cross contamination. Any information is very welcome :)

This is so helpful, thank you! If anyone has updated information or experience with multiple severe allergies, I would love to hear what you have to say. My daughter will be 3 at the time of travel and is severely allergic to wheat, milk, and egg. I'm petrified of cross contamination. Any information is very welcome :)

We've dealt with a nut allergy and several intolerances (artificial colors, flavors and preservatives). I can tell you that some chefs seemed more informed than others. I loved that the Biertgarten chef brings out a clipboard each time with ingredients for every item on the buffet. The chefs at Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Hollywood & Vine also seemed very good - extremely aware of cross contamination issues etc. We spoke to the manager at Tokyo Dining, and he was also excellent and very helpful. We pretty much avoided quick service food and stuck to prepackaged snacks or fruit.

We've dealt with a nut allergy and several intolerances (artificial colors, flavors and preservatives). I can tell you that some chefs seemed more informed than others. I loved that the Biertgarten chef brings out a clipboard each time with ingredients for every item on the buffet. The chefs at Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Hollywood & Vine also seemed very good - extremely aware of cross contamination issues etc. We spoke to the manager at Tokyo Dining, and he was also excellent and very helpful. We pretty much avoided quick service food and stuck to prepackaged snacks or fruit.

Thank you for the tip! I was going back and forth about Tusker House, but maybe it is a good choice for us. Also, we were going to head to Hollywood & Vine twice - once for the Disney Jr. breakfast and then later for the Fantasmic package - and this makes me feel like it would be a great choice. Thanks so much!

Does anyone have experience with the character breakfast at Chef Mickeys as far as allergies are concerned?

It's been a few years since we've been to Chef Mickeys, but we did the character breakfast twice and both times the chef came out and walked the buffet with us and told us what was safe. The same with Crystal Palace breakfast. This was for peanut & tree nut allergies.

Last August Chef at Crystal Palace was terrible. I remember his name- but I know everyone can have a bad day. We asked for a sausage for our two year old. (Dairy, egg and peanut allergy) it was something they had at the buffet. He slammed down the plate without a comment. The waiter saw and was so kind. He asked if we wanted anything else for our son at the end of dinner and apologized for the Chef. I asked for some grapes for him- I asked for ones from the back because they were right next to the butter. He was like - of course, no problem and brought a bowl of grapes. We don't like to complain or cause trouble so we mentioned to the manger how kind and helpful our waiter was.
Every other restaurant and counter service was awesome with ds allergies. Hollywood vine, Ohana, park fare etc. so good. But we are not going to crystal palace because of our experience

Last August Chef at Crystal Palace was terrible. I remember his name- but I know everyone can have a bad day. We asked for a sausage for our two year old. (Dairy, egg and peanut allergy) it was something they had at the buffet. He slammed down the plate without a comment. The waiter saw and was so kind. He asked if we wanted anything else for our son at the end of dinner and apologized for the Chef. I asked for some grapes for him- I asked for ones from the back because they were right next to the butter. He was like - of course, no problem and brought a bowl of grapes. We don't like to complain or cause trouble so we mentioned to the manger how kind and helpful our waiter was.
Every other restaurant and counter service was awesome with ds allergies. Hollywood vine, Ohana, park fare etc. so good. But we are not going to crystal palace because of our experience

That's a shame about CP. It is a "must do" this Sunday because my allergic DD (5) is obsessed with Piglet and it's her birthday lunch request. I'll post my experience when I get back.

Thank you everyone for the menus! We leave tomorrow so I will try to remember to take pics of some of the ones that are missing

Thanks everyone! mster425, I will be eagerly awaiting any tips that you bring back with you :)

Thanks so much for this post. My wife has celiacand has to eat gluten-free. In the past the chef at TS and the manager at QS always came out to talk to her. Do they still do this or is this a way to try and avoid that. Her biggest fear is cross contamination. Disney was always ahead of the curve with food allergies and I'm just hoping they're not cutting corners.Having celiac and eating something with gluten makes a bad vacation.

Thanks so much for this post. My wife has celiacand has to eat gluten-free. In the past the chef at TS and the manager at QS always came out to talk to her. Do they still do this or is this a way to try and avoid that. Her biggest fear is cross contamination. Disney was always ahead of the curve with food allergies and I'm just hoping they're not cutting corners.Having celiac and eating something with gluten makes a bad vacation.

When we went in September last year, we still spoke with a chef at each TS, and the manager at each QS. Even at BOG, QS lunch we spoke with a chef. (the chef and hostess were very nice, but I did have to be firm with the manager to get the chef brought out. Once out the chef was very happy to talk with us, and even made a special dessert run for my kids) Our kids have multiple allergies and while the menus are helpful in guiding us to what they MAY be able to eat, speaking with a chef is absolutely necessary. I didn't get the feeling these menus were anything but a starting off point and the chefs and managers were all very helpful, informed, and kind about accommodating our kids food needs. We have been to do Disney in the fall for the past three years, and the spring for two years before that. I am amazed every time at how well we are treated. I will say that we go in knowing our food will take longer, we use our manners at all times, and we are flexible eaters. (I do not have picky eaters, and I have no idea how this happened. I am a picky eater and just lucked out that my kids are not.)

Gluten free and Dairy free at WDW is a great place to find out more about eating at WDW. I believe she would have a lot of information about dining experiences as well as more menu information than I have posted on here. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!

This thread has been a little quiet lately. I am just bumping it to see if anyone has pictures of allergy menus from any of the new restaurants at the parks or Disney Springs if available. I was mainly interested in Skippers Canteen and Tiffins, but like many other allergy watchers, I am always excited to see a new menu to decide whether it is worth going with allergic DD15. Thanks to all of you who have posted so far. We hope to pay it forward by taking some menu snaps during our July trip this summer.

This thread has been a little quiet lately. I am just bumping it to see if anyone has pictures of allergy menus from any of the new restaurants at the parks or Disney Springs if available. I was mainly interested in Skippers Canteen and Tiffins, but like many other allergy watchers, I am always excited to see a new menu to decide whether it is worth going with allergic DD15. Thanks to all of you who have posted so far. We hope to pay it forward by taking some menu snaps during our July trip this summer.

Skipper Canteen is already shown in the list of menus in the thread.

I have Celiac too. Most QS have allergy menus. They are not posted overhead, but the cashier will hand it to you. The cashier will ask if you want to see the manager. If you decline, they take your order. It's still made separately, takes a little longer, and in most places comes out on a green tray. They don't appear to be cutting corners in regard to cross contamination.

There are exceptions. At Flame Tree Barbeque you still need to speak to the manager. I'm sure there are other exceptions too, since I haven't personally eaten at every Disney QS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter