food allergy tutto italia-Dairy

PersonalizedMouse

PersonalizedMouse
We want to eat at Tutto Italia, but our daughter is allergic to dairy. Has anyone eaten there with a a child who has this allergy. I was wondering what they made them. Thanks

Unfortunately, Tutto is one of the few places we've had an issue with our daughter's dairy allergy. They offered to prepare her a salad and pasta with marinara. However, after she ate her pasta, we noticed a few hives around her mouth. They assured us that her food had been prepared dairy free. She never shows signs of anaphylaxis and we were able to treat the hives with Benadryl . So we feel it was probably a cross-contamination issue. It's a very busy operation, so that increases the likelihood.

On the other hand, we had two great experiences at Mama Melrose's in Hollywood Studios.

I can second AllergyFreeMouse. I have avoided Tutto Italia because I've heard they aren't that great for dairy. I know they can do GF fairly well, but the dairy seems to be a little harder. I would agree that Mama Melrose is a great alternative if you are craving Italian food. It may not be as authentic, but still very good and they have a lot of dairy free options (and I think they might still have the dairy free cheeses).

We ate there w/ dd who was anaphalactic to dairy. Short version, we ended up leaving after sending 3 plates of plain pasta back. First time it was covered in sauce and cheese, second time it was alfredo, 3rd time it was swimming in butter and parm. I gave dd a double dose and antihistamine (since she grabbed at the pasta before we could get it away from her the last time) and got the heck outta there. DH and slept in shifts that night standing over her with an epi pen. I would NEVER attempt to eat there with a special diet.

Honestly, I'll never eat there again. DD passed her dairy challenge in January, but we are still limiting her.

Thank you to everyone who responded. As a result we canceled our reservation at Tutto and will go with Les Chefs Des France. It just wansn't worth it.

I know you said you already cancelled, but I just had to add for anyone else on the fence that we too had nonstop issues there with our daughter's dairy allergy. Since it was the only place in WDW that we had such an issue, I assumed we had hit a bad chef and/or server. And they were not very nice, either, when we politely pointed out the melted cheese on our dd's dish and then the butter pooled in the bottom of her pasta!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter