• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food and Wine AP gift

Yep no more glasses but remember, up until a few years ago there wasn't the glasses so really they are just going back to what they had.

I couldnt find any details on the Exclusive Passholder Beverage that's mentioned on the first page

Well,

Just got my Mickey Monitor. This year's free AP gift is a button...

Budget cuts got me.
This was announced a while back. This year's Flower and Garden had no gift at all. DLR did buttons for one of their events and AP's seemed to love collecting them so this is probably where they got that idea.

My reaction to this year's gift is not to bother. Seriously. If they really wanted to acknowledge AP holders they could do something with some value. A button is a slap in the face.

OTOH, if nobody bothers to pick up a button then the logic they use next year will be "there wasn't any interest in the AP gift last year so why bother with one this year?" Rock|Hard Place. :crowded:

My reaction to this year's gift is not to bother. Seriously. If they really wanted to acknowledge AP holders they could do something with some value. A button is a slap in the face.

OTOH, if nobody bothers to pick up a button then the logic they use next year will be "there wasn't any interest in the AP gift last year so why bother with one this year?" Rock|Hard Place. :crowded:

Kind of my thought as well. What a joke.

This was announced a while back. This year's Flower and Garden had no gift at all. DLR did buttons for one of their events and AP's seemed to love collecting them so this is probably where they got that idea.

DLR did several events with buttons. Most of the APs literally had no idea what they were waiting for. The events just get advertised as "AP exclusive" and the people line up.

I miss the glasses. I got my first button this weekend, but not impressed. At least I'm still using the glass that I got, and my kids really liked it.

I couldnt find any details on the Exclusive Passholder Beverage that's mentioned on the first page
I also had been looking for info on this, going this weekend. According to a post on the Food & Wine thread, there isn't actually such thing. Bummer.

I don't mind buttons (though the glass was definitely cooler), and I love Remy, but the buttons are uninspired. All of DLR's AP buttons were so beautiful! And they just got better with each series! Especially this year's MSEP and DCA's Food and Wine buttons... Not to give Disney more stuff to sell me, but I would have been tempted to buy prints from those button designs.

Also, buttons probably work better for the DLR crowd since most AP holders are local and can come back each week/time period. As a non-local WDW AP, taking a trip and only getting a button isn't that exciting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter