Food and Wine Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
A couple of Food and Wine questions:
1. Where is the Festival Welcome Center? Is that the only place to get the passport?
2. I have several free Disney Gift Cards. I know I can transfer the balances onto one GC. I prefer not to have to dig for the GC to pay. Charging to the room using my MB sounds like the most convenient way to pay, but I don't want all those small charges on my final bill. So I'd like to get the Food & Wine GC with wristlet, but I don't think I can purchase one of those with the GCs I already have. Is that correct?

Great thread, but I still can't find the answers to my questions. I've checked out the festival map and can't find the Festival Welcome Center anywhere. And there's no mention anywhere about paying for the gift cards.
I meant to answer regarding the gift cards.

Gift cards can only be purchased by cash or credit cards. They can't be purchased with Disney Gift cards or via charges to your resort room by using your MBs.

@crazy4wdw, the Mod of this restaurant board, may be able to help you with the Festival Center location.

I go to WDW every September and have never gone to the Festival Center; sorry.

The Festival Welcome Center is in the old Wonders of Life pavilion next to the old Ellen's Energy Adventure.

You can get the Festival Passports next to the park maps at the International Gateway entrance. I would assume that they have them at the Future World entrance as well.

I don't think you can buy a gift card with another gift card. I do know that you can buy a Festival gift card with a credit or debit card and obviously cash.

Hope this answers your questions, OP. :)

Thank you for the responses. I did see the Festival Center on the map, but since it was so far away from the food kiosks, I assumed that was something different. That is a long way away from World Showcase. I am wanting to get a passport this year. We've never done that before. Both days we will be going to Food & Wine, we'll be coming in from Future World. First stop both days is Coastal Eats. Hoping they have the passports. I don't want to have to walk out of the way to get them.

I figured we wouldn't be able to get a wristband GC with a GC. Now to decide the best way to pay. One part of me thinks charging to the room will be best just for the ease of tapping our MBs. But dealing with the receipts and comparing them to our room charge bill doesn't sound fun. So the other part of me thinks having a separate GC just for F&W would be easier. But having to get it out each time doesn't sound fun. Decisions! Decisions!

Thank you for the responses. I did see the Festival Center on the map, but since it was so far away from the food kiosks, I assumed that was something different. That is a long way away from World Showcase. I am wanting to get a passport this year. We've never done that before. Both days we will be going to Food & Wine, we'll be coming in from Future World. First stop both days is Coastal Eats. Hoping they have the passports. I don't want to have to walk out of the way to get them.

I figured we wouldn't be able to get a wristband GC with a GC. Now to decide the best way to pay. One part of me thinks charging to the room will be best just for the ease of tapping our MBs. But dealing with the receipts and comparing them to our room charge bill doesn't sound fun. So the other part of me thinks having a separate GC just for F&W would be easier. But having to get it out each time doesn't sound fun. Decisions! Decisions!

As far as the GCs, get the one on the wrist band and just hold your wrist up for them to scan it. No getting it out, it just dangles there. I get one every year. As far as using MBs, make sure you have a back up plan, either cash or a gift card, the machines have been known to go down. As far as passports, I've never seen a booth where they weren't available unless you happen to be there toward the end of the festival. They are also available at the little shops along the festival. I think I've also seen them in the big shops but I can't swear to that.

As far as the wrist gift cards go: you can get them for as low as $15, and it seems like you should be able to go to the Disney gift card website and consolidate your existing balance onto that one.

As far as the GCs, get the one on the wrist band and just hold your wrist up for them to scan it. No getting it out, it just dangles there. I get one every year. As far as using MBs, make sure you have a back up plan, either cash or a gift card, the machines have been known to go down. As far as passports, I've never seen a booth where they weren't available unless you happen to be there toward the end of the festival. They are also available at the little shops along the festival. I think I've also seen them in the big shops but I can't swear to that.
As far as the wrist gift cards go: you can get them for as low as $15, and it seems like you should be able to go to the Disney gift card website and consolidate your existing balance onto that one.
I would love to have the wristband GC, but my problem is I already have a Disney GC I plan to use to pay for Food & Wine. It was a free GC I earned through my wellness program. I did not have to pay for it at all. I don't want to have to pay $200 cash for Food & Wine when I already have a GC that I didn't have to pay for, and from what I'm reading, I would have to pay cash to get that wristband GC. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

@DisneyStarWisher I have seen a couple people over those years post and say that they made their own wristlets by punching a hole in the top part away from the magnetic strip and attached a stretchy loop thing that they found in a craft store. I bet you could find them in Party City in the kid's favors section too.

Reactions: Cee
I would love to have the wristband GC, but my problem is I already have a Disney GC I plan to use to pay for Food & Wine. It was a free GC I earned through my wellness program. I did not have to pay for it at all. I don't want to have to pay $200 cash for Food & Wine when I already have a GC that I didn't have to pay for, and from what I'm reading, I would have to pay cash to get that wristband GC. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

There is a special Gift card that comes with a special lanyard that you have to pay $200 for.

There is also the small F & W Themed gift card that has your choice of 1 of the 3 special Remy designs. This is the one that comes on the wrist band. You can choose one & activate it with a minimum amount of $15. You can then go to the Disney Gift card website & transfer the balance of the Gift card you already have over to the special F & W card. If you want one of the wristlet cards this is the way to go so will only cost you the $15 you need to activate it. If you want the special lanyard one you will need to shell out $200 in Cash or CC to get one. They will not allow you to purchase a GC with another GC.

Here is the link to the details of the F & W Gift Cards:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...d-wine-festival/#/drawer=drawerDisneyGiftCard

There is a special Gift card that comes with a special lanyard that you have to pay $200 for.

There is also the small F & W Themed gift card that has your choice of 1 of the 3 special Remy designs. This is the one that comes on the wrist band. You can choose one & activate it with a minimum amount of $15. You can then go to the Disney Gift card website & transfer the balance of the Gift card you already have over to the special F & W card. If you want one of the wristlet cards this is the way to go so will only cost you the $15 you need to activate it. If you want the special lanyard one you will need to shell out $200 in Cash or CC to get one. They will not allow you to purchase a GC with another GC.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...d-wine-festival/#/drawer=drawerDisneyGiftCard

Karrit said what I was trying to say. The $200 card is different than the wrist cards. You can get a wrist card if you load it with the minimum value: $15. Then transfer the balance from the free cards and voila: a cute food and wine mini gift card on a wrist strap for only $15 more than you were planning on spending anyway. And that's assuming you weren't already planning on going over your gift card value.

You can always purchase a small amount on wrist card and then transfer you other Disney gift cards to it. I still had money on last years wrist card and got a few regular ones this year. Went to the Disney gift card web site and transfer the other cards to the wrist card. I like using the site to consolidate gift cards and check balances.

@DisneyStarWisher I have seen a couple people over those years post and say that they made their own wristlets by punching a hole in the top part away from the magnetic strip and attached a stretchy loop thing that they found in a craft store. I bet you could find them in Party City in the kid's favors section too.
I don't know why I didn't think of that. I already have a wristband I use for my keys at work. The only disadvantage I see with this is the GC is so large.

Karrit said what I was trying to say. The $200 card is different than the wrist cards. You can get a wrist card if you load it with the minimum value: $15. Then transfer the balance from the free cards and voila: a cute food and wine mini gift card on a wrist strap for only $15 more than you were planning on spending anyway. And that's assuming you weren't already planning on going over your gift card value.
You can buy a wristband gift card with a small amount of money on it, then go to https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ and transfer the balance of your existing gift card to the new one
You can always purchase a small amount on wrist card and then transfer you other Disney gift cards to it. I still had money on last years wrist card and got a few regular ones this year. Went to the Disney gift card web site and transfer the other cards to the wrist card. I like using the site to consolidate gift cards and check balances.
I guess working 50-60 hours/week right now is making my brain mush! Now I see what everyone was trying to tell me. Great idea! I don't mind paying $15 for the small wristband GC. (I assume the $15 GC has $15 loaded on it? You don't have to pay for the wristband, do you?) And now I understand that I can add it to my cards on disneygiftcard.com and then transfer the free GCs to it. Makes perfect sense now!

Now one more question. Can I buy this F&W wristband GC in advance?

I don't know why I didn't think of that. I already have a wristband I use for my keys at work. The only disadvantage I see with this is the GC is so large.

I guess working 50-60 hours/week right now is making my brain mush! Now I see what everyone was trying to tell me. Great idea! I don't mind paying $15 for the small wristband GC. (I assume the $15 GC has $15 loaded on it? You don't have to pay for the wristband, do you?) And now I understand that I can add it to my cards on disneygiftcard.com and then transfer the free GCs to it. Makes perfect sense now!

Now one more question. Can I buy this F&W wristband GC in advance?
Yes, it will have $15 on it. The actual gift cards don't cost anything, that's just the minimum you can have.

I'm not sure if you can buy in advance, but it shouldn't be necessary. They're not going to sell out or anything, and it only takes a few moments to transfer the balance. If you consolidate all the other cards you have beforehand, it'll be pretty fast and easy. And you won't even have to bring the card with the balance to the park as long as it's on your account. Just transfer it via the website once you buy the wristlet, having left the card in your room or at home. The magic of the internet. :P

Yes, it will have $15 on it. The actual gift cards don't cost anything, that's just the minimum you can have.

I'm not sure if you can buy in advance, but it shouldn't be necessary. They're not going to sell out or anything, and it only takes a few moments to transfer the balance. If you consolidate all the other cards you have beforehand, it'll be pretty fast and easy. And you won't even have to bring the card with the balance to the park as long as it's on your account. Just transfer it via the website once you buy the wristlet, having left the card in your room or at home. The magic of the internet. :P
I'm not worried about them selling out. I'd just feel more comfortable to have it transferred before I go to Epcot. I don't want to show up with a $15 GC and nothing else, then something freakish happen. Is Epcot the only place that sells them? If I can't get it in advance, I'll take the GC with the allotted amount for F&W (still have about $175 in GC coming to me which is what I've budgeted for F&W) and after it transfers, I won't have to get it out again.

Thanks for all the information, guys!!!

Last edited:
I'm not worried about them selling out. I'd just feel more comfortable to have it transferred before I go to Epcot. I don't want to show up with a $15 GC and nothing else, then something freakish happen. Is Epcot the only place that sells them? If I can't get it in advance, I'll take the GC with the allotted amount for F&W (still have about $175 in GC coming to me which is what I've budgeted for F&W) and after it transfers, I won't have to get it out again.

Thanks for all the information, guys!!!

You can only get the F & W themed mini gift cards at EPCOT so you won't be able to purchase it ahead of time. There will be many locations throughout the park where you can purchase them. Main places to purchase are the Festival Center which is in the old Wonders of Life pavilion between the now closed Ellen's Energy Adventure & Mission Space. The Merchandise booths on either side of the main walkway from Future World to World Showcase, usually the one on your left side has a lot of Festival Merchandise as well as racks of the gift cards. There's several other mini festival shops set up around World Showcase that always have the Gift Cards available. They usually have some at each food booth also. The wrist band is already attached to the mini Gift Card and doesn't cost extra. None of the mini gift cards are pre-loaded with a specific amount of money. They will load on what ever amount you want but the minimum is $15.

You can only get the F & W themed mini gift cards at EPCOT so you won't be able to purchase it ahead of time. There will be many locations throughout the park where you can purchase them. Main places to purchase are the Festival Center which is in the old Wonders of Life pavilion between the now closed Ellen's Energy Adventure & Mission Space. The Merchandise booths on either side of the main walkway from Future World to World Showcase, usually the one on your left side has a lot of Festival Merchandise as well as racks of the gift cards. There's several other mini festival shops set up around World Showcase that always have the Gift Cards available. They usually have some at each food booth also. The wrist band is already attached to the mini Gift Card and doesn't cost extra. None of the mini gift cards are pre-loaded with a specific amount of money. They will load on what ever amount you want but the minimum is $15.
Thank you. I will just need to allow some time to get it and transfer the funds before the booths open. I'll shoot for getting one at the Festival Merchandise place in between Future World and Epcot. It looks like the first booth we want to try (Coastal Eats) is somewhat across from it. So that's perfect. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter