food and wine soft opening chances?

glencoe

DIS Veteran
On a whim my 21 yr old son suggested a quick long weekend visit to see the Food and Wine festival, which we have never done. We both start back at school in a few weeks and I wanted Aug. he was looking in Sept.
With all the back and forth we decided on late August (25-28), I booked plane/hotel (cash room-saving DVC points for later) he was in charge of the other stuff.

Well, Food and Wine does not start until after we leave. Do they by any chance have the food trucks up and running a few days earlier? Any decorations? Anything?

Luckily MNSSHP will have its first party while we were there so I got tickets for that, but we blew the dates for food and wine...this time. Of course we will try again!

There has been a CM preview on the night before the official opening, but it's open to everyone. Not everything is operating and the food kiosks close earlier than normal.

Last edited:
I will be leaving a couple of days before start so I guess this will be a reason for a future trip!! Thanks!

We're here now and we're just told no soft opening this year. :( So we're eating at Via Napoli instead.

When we were there a few years ago, there wasn't a formal "soft opening". However, most booths were open for random times sort of like a "dress rehearsal". They'd open for a few hours, then close down while they solved whatever problem they noticed (for example, at one booth the smoothie machine kept clogging), then reopen. That way, on the first day of the festival everything is definitely ready to go!

There has been a CM preview on the night before the official opening, but it's open to everyone. Not everything is operating and the food kiosks close earlier than normal.
We're here now and we're just told no soft opening this year. :( So we're eating at Via Napoli instead.
I guess not this year, however there is a possibility that the CM that told you that may not be aware of it as it didn't start until early evening.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there is not soft opening or cast preview this year. My husband is working overnight tonight just to finish getting everything set up. He said there is no planned preview.

I guess not this year, however there is a possibility that the CM that told you that may not be aware of it as it didn't start until early evening.

Nope, we were there all day & the booths never opened. We were there for the soft opening 2 years ago & it was fabulous. I hope it's not too crazy the rest of the week.

So I guess they're just counting on things going well tomorrow. It's sort of like a play with no dress rehearsal-I just hope everything's OK.

Nope, we were there all day & the booths never opened..
I know, I showed up around 4 and talked with some of the F&B CMs at a few of the kiosks who all appeared to be working very hard to get things ready for tomorrow. All this while the CMs who will be working the kiosks stood around waiting to clock out. I was not encouraged by what I saw. In effect tomorrow will be the soft opening. Having the CM preview on the day before it opened to the general public seemed to be a win, win. It was good for the CMs and made opening day a lot less stressful for those working it. No clue why they decided not to have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter