Food at Beaches & Cream

okienick

Mouseketeer
How is it? I know they are more known for their sundaes, but how is the food? For that matter, how good is that ice cream?? Trying to fit everything in, and thought this would be a nice change of pace. I'm thinking we will do this for lunch, then go drink around the world at Epcot before our dinner at Via Napoli. Don't want to stuff mysef, as so often happens at Disney meals :eek:, but want something on the stomach for that drinking business. :goodvibes Do I need to make sure I try some of that ice cream, too? Thoughts, opinions...please share!! TIA.

I am probably in the minority but I think the food is ok.Nothing fantastic or something I would go out of my way for.Same with the Ice cream.The ice cream is Edys brand that you can buy in the store, but the sundaes are pretty delciious.The burgers are ok, they used to be much better than they are.Just keep in mind that this place is very small and at traditional mealtimes waits for a table can be long.

Their burgers are pretty good :) I do not think you HAVE to eat the ice cream it is okay but nothing special, It would be a very good lunch if you just have a burger there

Probably one of the better burgers you can get on-site, but nothing I would wait for or go out of my way. I don't think I've actually had any ice cream there in years. Usually if I'm in the Epcot/HS area and B&C doesn't look crowded, it's a nice go-to for a decent lunch.

We got food there and it was pretty good. Had a chicken Cesar wrap and she had a grilled cheese. I really liked my wrap, but I was in the mood for one for some reason. She liked the grilled cheese as well, but it's grilled cheese, you know?

I don't think it's that great. You could also go over to the Fountain at the Dolphin and get something about equal in quality.

It's Edy's ice cream. You can buy that at the grocery store. If youi're not interested in one of the special sundaes, it's not anything you can't get at home.

You can go to the Dolphin Fountain and probably have much less time waiting to get in. The Fountain won't work if you are on the dining plan though.

We have had burgers and chicken sandwiches there and we do like it. We have never had any ice cream.

If you are doing the dining plan, it's not worth a table service credit, though.

We will be trying Beaches and Cream this trip as well. It may be just burgers and fries, but you can't get the kitchen sink just anywhere.

Like many things Disney, it's about the experience, the whole atmosphere, not just the food. We love it. It's the location, the setting, the ambiance...an old fashioned soda fountain style-diner, sitting right next to the beautiful Beach Club and Stormalong Bay.

If I closed my eyes and ate the food anywhere else, it would be just average...but open your eyes and take in where you are, who you are with and why you are there.

It's a good burger and it's good ice cream.

But, put it all together and it's a great meal.

Top it off with the Kitchen Sink and the waitresses chanting "and a whole can of whipped cream" and you have an unforgettable experience. IMHO:)

The burgers are decent. We have enjoyed them there several times. We did the Kitchen Sink once and glad we did, but it was a big goopy mess by the time we were done. Have to say though that the No Way Jose sundae is fantastic. I usually go there now just for the sundae.

It's Edy's ice cream. You can buy that at the grocery store. If youi're not interested in one of the special sundaes, it's not anything you can't get at home.

You can go to the Dolphin Fountain and probably have much less time waiting to get in. The Fountain won't work if you are on the dining plan though.

I'll second this suggestion. We've found the food to be better at the Fountain than at B&C, which has gone terribly downhill over the years.

What about the food at the marketplace? We will have an extra counter service credit we could use. Is the marketplace food good at lunch?

We like the food and the ice cream at Beaches and Cream. It's a fun place to go.

We went to The Fountain, while their food is good, they nickel and dime you to death. You have to pay more to get fries with your meal, so $11.95 for a chicken sandwich and you have to pay $2.25 more to get fries instead of chips. To me chips are just garbage, basically you are paying $12 + tax and tip for a piece of chicken and bread.

I'm used to the high prices at Disney, but coupled with the fact that the Swalphin wants to charge $15 + tax to park your car = highway robbery. Unless you take WDW transportation or walk from BW area, I'd give the Fountain a miss, it's not worth paying for parking. It's unclear as to whether the validate parking, I do not think they do, and we weren't willing to risk it.

The food is no better than a typical fast food place (except for ordering it as you desire), and as a pp mentioned, it is a *terrible* use of a dining credit if you are on the plan. It is basically CS food, but served as TS.

We just went there yest. My dh loves the banana split there, so we just go for that every time we are here.

We were there about 45 min. and they served 4 'kitchen sinks' while we were there! The sight of them made me :sick: , LOL It's all that gooey sweet marshmallow cream, plus the full can of whipped topping that really would do me in! :) They're also $27 now!

What about the food at the marketplace? We will have an extra counter service credit we could use. Is the marketplace food good at lunch?

I think that they may have changed their menu but they used to offer really good sandwiches (turkey, ham or roast beef) and a New England style clam chowder. It's a limited menu but the food was pretty good. If you go to Allears.net, you can see menus for every restaurant in WDW.

I cannot wait to try the Kitchen Sink!! We didn't go on our last trip but this time I am definitely going!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter