• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food at the parks

Belle2006beauty

Mouseketeer
We leave on the 26th of April. We're trying to decide what foods we should try at the parks and what we should pass on. I was hoping people may be able to suggest some of their favorites. Also we will be celebrating my DH's bday while we're there. We'd like to do a little cake or cupcakes, but I don't have a clue where to get one from. Any insight would be appreciated!

My must haves every trip are: corn dog from red wagon in DL (I might be known to eat 3 per trip), fried chicken from Plaza Inn (that's DH's fav), Monte Cristo from Cafe Orleans (had first time last trip and still wondering why it took me so many years to have it, easily shareable with someone), beignets (we prefer ones from DTD Jazz Kitchen but the ones in DL are yummy also), cream cheese pretzel, and at least a couple churros. Pretty sure you can get a cupcake at Jolly Holiday.

Have a great time!

The best thing I ate during our recent trip was the Barbecue Chicken & Slaw Stuffed Baked Potato at the Harbour Galley. Tasty, incredibly filling, and a great value at $6.79.
AQmgugl.jpg

Last edited:
The best thing I ate during our recent trip was the Barbecue Chicken & Slaw Stuffed Baked Potato at the Harbour Galley. Tasty, incredibly filling, and a great value at $6.79.
AQmgugl

This was on my list of things to try last trip and I never got the chance so I'm making it a point to try it on our next trip!

This was on my list of things to try last trip and I never got the chance so I'm making it a point to try it on our next trip!

It was so good! Also, if the tables right out front are full, walk around the serving windows to the right of the building. A ways back there were more tables with a good amount of shade. :)

I always eat the chicken fusilli from Pizza Port and the chocolate parfait from Tomorrowland Terrace. If you have the money, eat at Blue Bayou at least once (dinner menu is best in my opinion)

Corn dogs and more corn dogs....and the fried green tomato sandwich at Hungry Bear. And I always get a hot fudge sundae at Clarabelle's.

Beignets at the New Orleans rest is our favorite with a cream and fruit sauce for dunking!! YUMMMMM Hungry Bear is the best place for great open seating: also love the "Bee" cupcakes there. Blue Bayou is fun: esp at dinner/get reservations: try to request a seat by the railing/water. Its fun to watch the people go by for POTC. My families favorite was "Goofys Kitchen" great character dinner; fun for the kids to get pictures t.o the meal. Great food choices for all types of "eaters". Again, you will need reservation if you can. Good luck and have a wonderful time!!!

My must haves every trip are: corn dog from red wagon in DL (I might be known to eat 3 per trip), fried chicken from Plaza Inn (that's DH's fav), Monte Cristo from Cafe Orleans (had first time last trip and still wondering why it took me so many years to have it, easily shareable with someone), beignets (we prefer ones from DTD Jazz Kitchen but the ones in DL are yummy also), cream cheese pretzel, and at least a couple churros. Pretty sure you can get a cupcake at Jolly Holiday.

Have a great time!
Must try this corn dog: all the years going; I have never tried it!

Looks like corn dogs for sure have to make the list, and I've always been curious about a beignet. We were talking about making a reservation for DH's birthday but he can't make up his mind about what he'd like to have. i found out we can have a cake made and brought to any table service restaurant.

Where do you find the cream cheese pretzels? That sounds like a must do for my upcoming trip!

The Monte Cristo from Cafe Orleans, along with their pomme frites are a must try! And we usually stop every time we see a churro cart...... I also LOVE the giant pickles they sell at Tropical Imports (near the Jungle Cruise). Oh, and my DS and DH love skewers at Bangel BBQ in Adventureland.

Have fun!

Just came back from DL for my DH birthday too! Some of my fave's:

The Fried Chicken at the Plaza Inn, omg, so yummy and enough for 2 people.
o.jpg

Top it off with the chocolate cake, tastes just like the one at Steakhouse 55:

Mouse-Monthly-Sweet-Dreams-Chocolate-Cake-from-Plaza-Inn-Disneyland.jpg

I've never had a DL corn dog...but I don't really like hot dogs unless coated in mustup (ketchup and mustard mixed together ;) )

I'm gonna be there for my b day too! We are doing lunch that day at blue bayou. Other must try for us are: corndig, churro, reds apple freeze, fried green tomato sandwich, flos v8 cafe banana french toast, Bengal bbq bacon wrapped asparagus skewer, dole whip, fried pickles at carnation cafe. There is probably more I can't think of.

I'm gonna be there for my b day too! We are doing lunch that day at blue bayou. Other must try for us are: corndig, churro, reds apple freeze, fried green tomato sandwich, flos v8 cafe banana french toast, Bengal bbq bacon wrapped asparagus skewer, dole whip, fried pickles at carnation cafe. There is probably more I can't think of.
I am going to copy/paste this list to my food must haves for my next trip! DH is going to love me even more when I get him a fried pickle! I never new those existed at DL, thanks!!
Edit: "reds apple freeze"? I'm guessing not the alcohlic beverage...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter