Food @ Chritmas

Dee8197

<font color=indigo>Those blinking rats get me ever
Can anyone tell me about the food available at DLP over Christmas.
Christmas Eve we can get meals in the hotel and in the park but what about Christmas Day. There is a Festive Buffet, a Christmas lunch, and the Tinkerbell Dinner show but what else?Apparently the SL does meals on Christmas day but they are described has being a typical French Christmas meal. Whats that ?
Has anyone eaten at a DLP hotel over the Christmas period ?

Dee, I have been mithering over this too, and we haven't even been for our August holiday yet! I have booked the Tinkerbell dinner show for the 23rd as it wasn't so expensive on that date, and we really would like to do the Disney Character Christmas Buffet at the Hotel New York on Christmas Day night. I have tried to book it several times but keep getting told that the Tinkerbell show is the only one that can be booked as a stand alone and the other meals can only be booked if you are buying a package holiday!!! In fact I got more sense from a very helpful lady on the dining reservation number when I was making reservations for meals in August, who told me that special menus are sorted out in November and that I would be able to book with her then. I just hope there will still be availability :confused3 otherwise we will be eating hotdogs and chips from Caseys for our Christmas Dinner!!! :rotfl2:

Everything does seem to be very much geared for people buying packages, a little unfair for shareholders/annual passholders in my opinion. :(

Thanks for your help.

I can see us joining you at Casey's for Christmas dinner.
Seriously are these places open, or do you have to eat at your hotel or at one of the organised meals on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day ?

I've been told that the restaurants are open as normal on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but they may have special menus, with inflated prices of course.

We're not so bothered about where we eat - I'd quite like to avoid having a 'Christmas Meal', especially at hugely inflated prices. King Ludwig's will do us fine, or the hotel - think we'll spend every minute we can in the parks or in Disney Village. May go to Blue Lagoon deoending on menu and prices - we can always book in advanve and then cancel the booking if it's not tour liking.

The park shuts at 8 pm on Christmas Eve.

It appears from the brochure that you have to eat a meal at the hotel you are staying in or you can eat at a resturant in the Park (named ) on Christmas Eve and you are right Steve the price is inflated.
The ones in the park have 1 sitting
walts &
Plazza Gardens 100 euros adult, Child 21 euros

BlueLagoon 79 euros adult 21 child

Auberge dr Cendrillon 79 auros adult 21 child

No sittings at th Cheyanne (uh)
SL has 2 sittings

Am I getting this info confused ?

So are these Christmas Eve sittings after the park has closed at 8pm?

I think we are doing King Ludwig's on Christmas Eve - probably on Christmas Day too by the look of things! I'm not too fussed, as long as I get to eat something somehwere!

Steve

I just checked, was finaly given a french number to call
All the fast food places will be open per usual in the parks Christmas Eve and Day. So thats Ok then we won't starve.
Is there still a plan to meet up on CE somewhere.
How are you getting to DLP? Eurostar ?

We were talking about possibly meeting up in King Ludwig's on Christmas Eve.

I am going by Eurostar - getting on at Ashford - will you be on the same train?

Were going on Eurostar, getting on at Ashford too:flower:

We may be sitting nearby! We are booked into the Holiday Inn Ashford Central
the night before - never gone from Ashford, just didn't fancy Waterloo on Christmas Eve!

Guess what

We've booked in to the Holiday Inn Central for the night before too:laughing:
We stayed there when we went a couple of weeks ago and liked it so much we booked it again for next time. Great deal too incl of parking

Wow! We'll be turning up late-ish I think - leaving when Denise finishes work at 5.30pm - probably get there for 9.30-10pm. We haven't booked the night when we get back as I'll just drive home - I guess we'll park at the Station.

It was reading your post from a few weeks ago that promopted us to book - didn't want to rely on National Express on the morning of Christmas Eve after the 2 hour delay and case breaking incident of last month!

We can't wait - Christmas in Disney - wow! Many photos to be taken!

Dee8197 said:
All the fast food places will be open per usual in the parks Christmas Eve and Day. So thats Ok then we won't starve.

What a relief! :rotfl2: I am not worried about having a Christmas Dinner as such on Christmas Day, we would be perfectly happy with just a snack at lunch time but really really really want to go to the Disney Character Christmas Festive Buffet in the evening because it is a character meal and we thought it would finish off our Christmas Day nicely.

The impression I have got is that you can only book a meal for Christmas Eve (also New Years Eve) at the hotel you are staying at when you book a package. I reckon this is all just a marketing ploy to encourage people to book the meal when they book their holiday (there is also an incentive of children eating free at some sittings) by panicking them into thinking they will not be able to eat anywhere else!!!:rotfl:and I think they will probably offer these meals to the general public at a later date. That's my interpretation of it anyway.

I like the idea of us eating at King Ludwigs on Christmas Eve. Renate said on an earlier thread that they ate there last Christmas Eve because it was charging the usual rate, not an overinflated one just because it was Christmas Eve. The setting of a castle would seem very Christmassy too!!! :cold:
We will be wanting to watch the Christmas parade/Fantillusion/tree lighting ceremony on Christmas Eve. Does anyone know what times these were held last year over Christmas?

Hi,

we will be at the King Ludwigs this CE again...seem it willbe tradion for us :rotfl:

The tree lightning ceremony was last ear IIRC at 5pm.

Greets Renate

see you all at DLRP at CE :wizard:

Fantillusion is usually at 7.30pm so I'm guessing a meal in King Ludwigs some time around 8.30-9.00pm would be a good time???

Yepp,

8:30 would be great, but you have to make a reservation and go "along" the hugh queue from ppl without reservations :rotfl:

Greets Renate :wizard:

If King Ludwig's is the only place with a normal menu we'll probably end up booking there for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day evening meals. If they have fireworks in the park 9pm may be a better time or we'll have run from the park when it's all finished!

Although the restaurant in the Cheyenne doesn't do any Christmas meal sitting - will it still be open for normal meals?

Steve

I've been told by DLP that the restuarant at the Cheyanne will be open per usual, they are just not doing a special menu.
No sense over Christmas Day in terms of Buffet Lunch menu or Christmas Day Lunch menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter