Food Network Star

Lenny. OK.

Did any one else think the final show was difficult to watch? Just a boring rehash of all the flash, glitter and social media-consciousness that FNS went for this season, paired up with contestants who weren't in synch with all the "fake excitement." And little actual cooking. I'm done with that series.

Glad I DVR'd it. Finished the show in about 5 minutes!

I didn't bother to watch because I figured it would just be a rehash of the season. I'm surprised its Lenny but I won't be surprised when his show isn't renewed and he is forgotten about by next season. I think nfs has run its course, this season was awful.

I would have been happy with either Lenny or Luca winning. I'll probably give his show a try and see what it's all about but I wasn't impressed with the show this season, not enough actual cooking. May not watch next season, if there is one.

Lenny? I thought for sure it was going to be Luca. I bet he gets a show on the cooking channel! I think they wanted him ( well Giada did!).

Did anyone ever see the before they were stars show about Giada? She was terrible for the first few episodes. Really terrible. But they stuck with her, made her wear low cut tee shirts and here she is now. I don't like the concept of the show. They have that new Farm lady with a weekend show. She didnt need a reality show to get on.

I love Ina! She just seems so genuine to me. We may not have the same lifestyles but, even though she definitely has a fancier lifestyle than I, she never seems phony to me.

Except for her not doing the Make a wish thing. Well maybe that means she isn't phony she is just self centered. I really wish i never read about that because i can't get past it.

Except for her not doing the Make a wish thing. Well maybe that means she isn't phony she is just self centered. I really wish i never read about that because i can't get past it.

I read that she gets 100 charity requests a month, at that rate someone will have to be turned down. I believe she did contact that boy and his family, and they have managed to get past it. Strange how you, who has no personal connection to either her or that family can't.

*sigh* She did do the MAW thing, at a later date.

I read that she gets 100 charity requests a month, at that rate someone will have to be turned down. I believe she did contact that boy and his family, and they have managed to get past it. Strange how you, who has no personal connection to either her or that family can't.

My cousin was going through his Make a wish trip at the same time. His wish was to see the Pope, who managed to have a private visit with him for half an hour. I would guess he is at least as busy if not more so than the contessa. I think that is why it pissed me off. So strange how ypu who does not know me knows so much about what i should or should not feel

And she did not do the MAW thing at a later date. Afyer news shows started carrying the story that she turned him down twice and she was getting bad press, only then did she call to offer her time( the family politely told her no thanks)

Back to Lenny as the winner. Every time I see those big, hideous belt buckles I think about the episode of The Big Bang Theory where Howard coerces Sheldon to clean his belt buckles in order to meet Stephen Hawking. Howard says he stands too close to the urinals and Sheldon says "You make sissy on your belt buckle". Too funny.

I won't be watching Lenny's show but really, over the past few years there hasn't been anyone really stand out.

Back to Lenny as the winner. Every time I see those big, hideous belt buckles I think about the episode of The Big Bang Theory where Howard coerces Sheldon to clean his belt buckles in order to meet Stephen Hawking. Howard says he stands too close to the urinals and Sheldon says "You make sissy on your belt buckle". Too funny.

I won't be watching Lenny's show but really, over the past few years there hasn't been anyone really stand out.

Did anyone else see Lenny on Guy's Grocery Games? I don't think he made it past the first round. I guess that's where the FN found him. Unless they are going for the Duck Dynasty crowd (as previously noted), I just don't see a market for him.

The FNS hasn't turned out a star since Guy (not sure what I mean by star, but he does seem to have a good career). I think Melissa D'Arabian is OK, and Aarti seems like a nice person. It waits to be seen if lightening will strike twice.

Speaking of Guy, I still haven't eaten at his restaurant in NYC.

I really don't care much for seafood. I will eat it occasionally, but it's one of my least favorite meals. Plus, I'm pretty nutso about fearing that my house doesn't smell pleasant and cooking seafood just adds to that nuttiness. Because of all of this, I really didn't see myself watching Nicole's show.

With Lenny, I really didn't think I would like him at first. I'm from Texas and really can't stand cowboy caricatures or things of that sort. As soon as I saw Lenny, I was certain he was going to annoy me to no end. But, I was wrong. As the season progressed, he started to grow on me. He was certainly silly at times, but he also showed that he really knew food and the best ways to prepare it. I think about how he helped out Aryen and Emma at different times and how that showed that not only did he know food, but he was also confident enough in his skills to not be concerned about helping the competition. I think most of his food sounds very good and I really don't see him as a redneck in the same category as Honey Boo Boo. Then again, I don't see Paula Dean, Tricia Yearwood, or Pioneer Woman as rednecks in the same category as Honey Boo Boo, either. But, to each their own.

With Luca, I did struggle to understand him, which is a real shame because his tip about the garlic was fantastic. That is something I will definitely use. I also loved the idea of someone cooking Italian who isn't Giada because I honestly cannot stand her. And, if I'm being completely honest, I loved the idea of him correcting her after she corrects so many people on how they are mispronouncing spaghetti or mozzarella. I'm not sure how much of his show I would watch if I struggled to understand him, but I really think that with time, his accent would decrease and he would have had a great show.

Agreed. And just because the pope can do something, doesn't mean everyone can. The truth is no one can ever know all of the details of something that they are not personally involved in. And, sometimes even being personally involved doesn't give you all of the details. So people can choose their one thing that makes them dislike someone and hang on to it until the day they die if they wish, but, it doesn't automatically mean that the recipient of the dislike is a bad person just because someone thinks they are. :confused3

With Lenny, I really didn't think I would like him at first. I'm from Texas and really can't stand cowboy caricatures or things of that sort. As soon as I saw Lenny, I was certain he was going to annoy me to no end. But, I was wrong. As the season progressed, he started to grow on me. He was certainly silly at times, but he also showed that he really knew food and the best ways to prepare it. I think about how he helped out Aryen and Emma at different times and how that showed that not only did he know food, but he was also confident enough in his skills to not be concerned about helping the competition. I think most of his food sounds very good and I really don't see him as a redneck in the same category as Honey Boo Boo. Then again, I don't see Paula Dean, Tricia Yearwood, or Pioneer Woman as rednecks in the same category as Honey Boo Boo, either. But, to each their own.

With Luca, I did struggle to understand him, which is a real shame because his tip about the garlic was fantastic. That is something I will definitely use. I also loved the idea of someone cooking Italian who isn't Giada because I honestly cannot stand her. And, if I'm being completely honest, I loved the idea of him correcting her after she corrects so many people on how they are mispronouncing spaghetti or mozzarella. I'm not sure how much of his show I would watch if I struggled to understand him, but I really think that with time, his accent would decrease and he would have had a great show.

I 100% agree with all of this :)

Did anyone else see Lenny on Guy's Grocery Games? I don't think he made it past the first round. I guess that's where the FN found him. Unless they are going for the Duck Dynasty crowd (as previously noted), I just don't see a market for him.

The FNS hasn't turned out a star since Guy (not sure what I mean by star, but he does seem to have a good career). I think Melissa D'Arabian is OK, and Aarti seems like a nice person. It waits to be seen if lightening will strike twice.

Speaking of Guy, I still haven't eaten at his restaurant in NYC.

He made it to the final round on Guy's Grocery Games.

There goes the theory that the Network picks the winner. I can't see (our of the final 3) that the Network would have picked Lenny. He won't last 6 months.

I think out of the three Lenny was the right choice. Sorry but there was nothing special about Nicole or Luca that would make them stand out from all the other boring cookie cutter cooking show hosts (ok, admittedly Luca was easy on the eyes, but I don't think that would have been enough). Lenny is definitely the most unique personality of all the winners since Guy, I'll give him that much. We'll see how it goes.

I wouldn't watch any of the 3.

I'd love to see Melissa D'Arabian be given a gluten free show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter