Food quality in DL and CA. WTH??

Anytime Hawaiian is good? I live a few miles from the parks and have thought about going there for lunch or dinner but have not. We always end up a Ono Hawaiin which is about 1 mile south down Katella.
It was good.... there is probably better out there, but i'm east coast and not a lot of Hawaiian places around.

But it was definitely more satisfying than Bengal BBQ.

I got the Garlic Chicken one time and Chicken Katsudon the next (my old favorite from Okinawa) . Son had Chicken and Pork Musubi first time and Teriyaki Chicken/Beef the next, he enjoyed it all.

lol I have to admit, my most memorable meal at Disneyland was 66 years ago on my first visit. It was a hamburger, fries and lemonade. It was so good. There I was with my whole family - mom, dad, who really didn't spend that much time with us usually, and sister, having the the of my life - I couldn't believe I was actually in Disneyland, we didn't have a lot of money - I never got to eat fast food, so this was a real treat, and I was so hungry from all the activity.
Wow! what a great memory on many levels.. Sorry to hear the comment about your parents but it sounds like that visit made up for some of it. Cheers to you gardenrooms!
That brings to mind my fav meal. In 93' with my wife and 2 very young daughters, having room service burger and fries at the DLH on our first night. Eating the food on the beds and planning our first day in the park. Of course there was a little bit of ketchup on the sheets when it was all said and done.

My sister and I used to go to DL when we were pretty young, by ourselves.. My grandma lived nearby (Huntington Beach). My dad would drop us off and we'd go in for the day. We were just kids--imagine! That started when I was 8-9 and my sister was 10-11. We'd have to find a phone (the old kind, ha ha) when we were ready to be picked up. You could see the Matterhorn from pretty far away back then (1964) and it was always exciting to spot it on the drive to DL.

We loved getting grape juice from the Welch's stand.

My parents used to go dancing in the evenings there after my sis and I went back to Grandma's.

My sister and I used to go to DL when we were pretty young, by ourselves.. My grandma lived nearby (Huntington Beach). My dad would drop us off and we'd go in for the day. We were just kids--imagine! That started when I was 8-9 and my sister was 10-11. We'd have to find a phone (the old kind, ha ha) when we were ready to be picked up. You could see the Matterhorn from pretty far away back then (1964) and it was always exciting to spot it on the drive to DL.

We loved getting grape juice from the Welch's stand.

My parents used to go dancing in the evenings there after my sis and I went back to Grandma's.
Another great memory Dizme! My wife was born and raised in Huntington Beach.

Kinda crazy and sad to see how things are today. No way, no how would I let my kids (now 24, 21 and 18) go places and do things I did when I was younger.

Another great memory Dizme! My wife was born and raised in Huntington Beach.

Kinda crazy and sad to see how things are today. No way, no how would I let my kids (now 24, 21 and 18) go places and do things I did when I was younger.
Yeah, it's a different world now for sure! Sometimes I just squeeze my eyes shut and hope for the best with my youngest (twin daughters, 20, and daughter who is 23), so I totally get what you're saying!! One twin is doing a study abroad program in Australia right now and the other lives and goes to university in SF. Older sister lives in Irvine, which doesn't seem as scary ha ha.

Thanks for the comment! I enjoy reading your posts.

Yeah, it's a different world now for sure! Sometimes I just squeeze my eyes shut and hope for the best with my youngest (twin daughters, 20, and daughter who is 23), so I totally get what you're saying!! One twin is doing a study abroad program in Australia right now and the other lives and goes to university in SF. Older sister lives in Irvine, which doesn't seem as scary ha ha.

Thanks for the comment! I enjoy reading your posts.
Thank you DizMe. I try to inject a little humor here and there with my posts :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter