Food Questions - PN/TN/Egg/Dairy allergies

Send in the paper form online for special needs. That is how you get the call about special food allergy requests. There is no way to contact them directly (that I know of and I am a Disney certified travel agent). The notes can be added to the reservation, but to actually go over, in detail, the allergies and special needs/requests, you fill out the form and send it in and then someone from that department will call you about 30-45 days prior to sailing to go over everything with you including what you will/will not be allowed to take off the ship in the ports for snacks for the food allergic person(s). The phone number sends you to a call center.

I've always sent in the special diet request for our kids to the DCL email address (specialservices@disneycruise.com) telling them what the food issue is, our reservation number, and my telephone number. Within a couple of days, I get a phone call from them to discuss the specific menu needs. The special diets folks have been great to work with.

Err on the side of caution. I have food allergies (corn, soy, barley, msg). I would order my meals (on the Fantasy) the night before, just to have our waitress let me know the next night that I couldn't have what I had ordered the previous night. I got so frustrated with the experience. Especially since I had read nothing but rave reviews about how they handled food allergies.
And no, they are not overly cautious about all of the ingredients. I had ordered something that passed the chef's OK, just to discover the hard way that it had something in it that I was allergic to. Luckily I don't have very bad reactions.

I'm also curious how you did. I've been on the Dream 3x - most recent was 3 years ago. Going again next month. I have tree nut, kiwi, and mango allergies and each time so far the MDR servers and room service has been very good (I avoid the buffet and the quick services).

We were on the Dream last month with egg/dairy/peanut for my 2 year old. We were able to preorder meals to have in the dining rooms each day. We got monsooned out of castaway, so we were able to get his lunch sent to a dining room. We did not go to cabanas or quick service locations. They were very accommodating and even made him some yummy desserts each night. We stuck to basic Mickey waffles and fruit for breakfast and chicken fingers/grilled chicken and vegetables for lunch and dinner. Of course, there were also French fries! We also packed snacks in our luggage just on case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter