Food & Wine Fest Premium Package and Magic Bands

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
Anyone doing this? You are supposed to get special F&W magic bands when you arrive but I am a bit confused how these will work? I mean I assume they will link all our fast pass+ and dinner resizes and the like to them in advance?

:wizard:

I can't believe I did it, but we did. You can link as many magic bands as you want or have to your account and any one of them will work. I suspect they will link them for you at the counter when you check in, but if they don't or mess up, You can do it yourself on the web or the app.

Once the special F&W MagicBand is linked to your MDE profile, it will work just like any other MagicBand that you may already have.

Nothing is actually stored on the MagicBand except for a unique id number. Any room reservations, park admission, FP+ selections are also linked to MDE profiles. The MagicBand is just a key used to read data from your profile.

As for ADRs, you would only use a MagicBand for payment (either room charge or Dining Dining Plan).

Using the number on the back of the band, you can link it to your MDX profile yourself. Or they can do it at the resort when you receive it. Any band you have linked and assigned to you will work on your account. Nothing is actually stored on the band. All it needs to do is know which account to read from.

You may want to remember that once a band is linked to a MDX account, it can be deactivated by the account holder, but it cannot be removed. So you can't link that F&W band to your account and then decide you will give it to your friend who will be coming to F&W later.

As noted there are several uses for magic bands:

Park entry (if you have tickets linked to your MDX account)
Redeeming Fastpass Plus reservations
Access to your resort room (if you have a Disney resort reservation linked to MDX)
Charging back to your resort room account (if you have a Disney resort reservation linked to MDX with charging enabled)
Paying for food or beverage items using dining plan credits (if you have a Disney resort reservation with a dining plan added)

You don't need them for anything else. You don't need it for restaurant reservations - you need it to present payment at the restaurant if you are paying via room charge or dining credits, but you will not need it to confirm that you have a restaurant reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter