Food & Wine Festival - Best times and dates to go

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
If you could pick any dates to attend the food and wine festival, when would you go? And why?

We can do weekdays or weekends, totally flexible. We would prefer the lowest possible crowds.

We've never been before so we have no idea how to plan for this event.

Thanks for your help!

I would alway, always choose weekdays & from openings at noon until 4pm to avoid the worst of the crowds. In terms of months within which to travel, I'll leave that to other posters. Free dining in late August - end of Sept is always busy. While free dining (if offered this year) is hugely wonderful for F&W guests in that snack credits can be used for most $ booth offerings, you may find lower crowds in mid Oct or late Nov.

I would choose the middle of the week during anytime in September. The weather isn't as hot and rainy season will be over.

I’d go the first week of November. The weather should be awesome. It’s still hurricane season, but those are far less likely to hit then than in late August/early September.

That week won’t have too many parties, which really mess with your week at WDW IMO. The F&W Festival is still happening, and depending on how the week falls, you may get to see both Halloween and Christmas decor.

It’s the best of all worlds. Don’t let tales of “Jersey Week” scare you. There are not enough NJ folks who can afford the air fare to impact park crowds noticeably.

I would alway, always choose weekdays & from openings at noon until 4pm to avoid the worst of the crowds. In terms of months within which to travel, I'll leave that to other posters. Free dining in late August - end of Sept is always busy. While free dining (if offered this year) is hugely wonderful for F&W guests in that snack credits can be used for most $ booth offerings, you may find lower crowds in mid Oct or late Nov.
October is EXTREMELY busy now which is why they no longer offer free dining during that time-they simply don’t need to in order to fill their rooms. Also the fest ends Nov 12th so late Nov won’t work. I do agree with going in the afternoon on weekdays for lowest crowds. In our experience (Oct the past 4 years) crowds are much better that way.

We went last year at the end of October/beginning of November and the evening were crowded but not unmanageable. I HIGHLY recommend going right when the World Showcase opens at 11. We did this and leisurely strolled the World Showcase stopping and eating and drinking where we wanted with no lines or crowds. By the time we finished it was starting to get busy and we were happily full and onto our afternoon pool day! As other posters have said, go during the week!!

We go late Oct early Nov taking care to avoid Columbus Day and the weekend prior and the weekend of the half marathon and other races. Sat in WS will be crazy busy and sometimes Fri evenings get busy but other than those times we find crowds to be not too crowded. We hit a park at RD, tour until noon or so then hop to WS every day except Sat.

Bill From PA

I don't have a preference as to which week (avoid the week of the Wine & Dine races though), but choose weekdays (Mon-Thu) and show up right at 11 when the booths open. Avoid Saturdays. If you must go on a Saturday, get there at opening, hit as many booths as you can, then leave.

Days - Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays am.

Months - Our preferred time to go is late October into early November for the chance at milder weather, not lower crowds. September thru October is peak hurricane season.

However, there is no perfect time to go. August thru early October is Free Dining. October is conventions, Fall Break, and Halloween. Early November is Jersey Week, Wine & Dining race, MVMCP. Then add locals (weekends) and tourists/tour groups. 10 or so years ago it was quite different. Fall/F&W is extremely popular now.

If you go when it starts, which is 11am, you will experience light crowds. Its quite lovely! Evenings are far busier. Weekends are a nightmare (Fri - Sun night). I went in early November this past trip and holy heck, crowds were absolutely insane. But to be honest, the lines move very fast. I never had to wait very long for food, even on the most crowded days.

Weather in late Oct and early Nov is absolutely perfect. Nice and warm and comfortable. I go every year!

If you could pick any dates to attend the food and wine festival, when would you go? And why?

We can do weekdays or weekends, totally flexible. We would prefer the lowest possible crowds.

We've never been before so we have no idea how to plan for this event.

Thanks for your help!
Weekdays(because weekends are more crowded with the locals). We've been there in September at least five different years. Usually the last week. It has been so hot and humid! The last time, we had salt marks on our clothes! So gross! The rules about lightning within a few miles, closed the pools 5 out of the seven days. It was miserable without being able to cool down. Try to go later than September. Hopefully it will be a little less humid for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter