Foodie Guide to Holiday Treats at Disneyland Resort 2022

Totally know that nobody really knows this but what are the odds the birria tacos will still be available at DCA during the holidays? I want those so bad and will be bummed if they are gone.

Totally know that nobody really knows this but what are the odds the birria tacos will still be available at DCA during the holidays? I want those so bad and will be bummed if they are gone.

They seem to be a staple menu item. They have been there over a year now. I don't think they are going away. It's their most popular item.

Will never not get over the most popular item being something you find on street carts in Mexico. Good to know Disney guests appreciate good food
We have the best little restaurant a few towns over that serve amazing birria tacos. Whenever I go to that town for work I get them. I'm hoping Disney's are as good but will give them some leeway as I know the are mass produced.

We have the best little restaurant a few towns over that serve amazing birria tacos. Whenever I go to that town for work I get them. I'm hoping Disney's are as good but will give them some leeway as I know the are mass produced.

Disneyland's have no business being as good as they are, honestly. They are as good as the hole in the wall places that specialize in birria.

So I had the Jolly Holiday Thanks-mas sandwich today, and I was disappointed- the bread was good, the gravy was good, cranberry sauce and the dressing were ok…. the Turkey was not very good. Thin and mealy… it just didn’t taste good, and the texture was off. I miss the version that used to be at that sandwich place in DTD… the name escapes me.

We had the gingerbread cookie and both holiday rice crispy treats at Pooh Corner, and those were winners!

Last edited:
So I had the Jolly Holiday Thanks-mas sandwich today, and I was disappointed, the bread was good, the gravy was good, the cranberry sauce and the dressing was ok…. the Turkey was not very good. Thin, mealy, just not good. I miss the version that used to be at that sandwich place in DTD… the name escapes me.

We had the gingerbread cookie and both holiday rice crispy treats at Pooh Corner, and those were winners!

Earl of Sandwich.

There was talk of it having a pop-up location "later this year" in DTD, but I haven't heard any update since the initial talk of it back in April.

So today we tried the Turkey pot pie soup and Mickey gingerbread men cookies from JH, the Chile Verde and the Caldo de Pollo from Rancho, and everything was great. No complaints!
Yummy, sounds so good! I am very curious about the pot pie soup! What was that like?

So I had the Jolly Holiday Thanks-mas sandwich today, and I was disappointed- the bread was good, the gravy was good, cranberry sauce and the dressing were ok…. the Turkey was not very good. Thin and mealy… it just didn’t taste good, and the texture was off. I miss the version that used to be at that sandwich place in DTD… the name escapes me.

Disappointed to hear the sandwich wasn’t good. I am wondering, did it have Mayo on it?

We tried a few things yesterday:

Esquites Corn Fritters at Cozy Cone: AMAZING. So crispy and great flavors. We plowed through these.

Ham slider at Winter Sliderland: SO good. Really good quality ham...not like deli ham at all, like really good ham roast. Loved the bread and the cheese and cranberry were perfect compliments. Really hearty portion too. We each got our own and it was filling enough to basically be lunch.

Chicken Tinga Arepa at Paradise Garden Grill: sleeper hit. I didn't even notice this in the foodie guide, but saw it while our kids were having some pizza nearby and ordered it. VERY well seasoned. Great item and sharable portion. It had lots of chicken, beans and guacamole on it. Hefty.

Hot cocoa Macaron: my son loved it. He was thrilled that they FINALLY ditched the crushed peppermint on top.

Mickey head gingerbread cookie: other son loved this. He prefers this one to the Mickey gingerbread man. He likes the glaze on the head only version.

Pumpkin layered cheesecake: really good. I liked this more than I thought I would. I am not a huge pumpkin fan, but I love cheesecake and try them all. I have one pumpkin treat per year and this was it. It was good. I'd get it again if I liked pumpkin pie more.

Overall, we had a really good experience yesterday DCA and DL. The booths were not very busy and there were plenty of spots to stop and eat. I was kind of taken aback. I expected much larger crowds and longer lines.

Last edited:
My son had the (very cute) chocolate peppermint Rice Krispie treat at the GCH yesterday, as it was one of the only safe nut free options (severe allergy), along with their hot chocolate. He loved the treat and I may have snuck some of his chocolate and was really pleasantly surprised by how good it was!

I had wanted to get him the Mickey gingerbread but it’s processed in a facility, yada yada. I took one for the team and must say I am more on the crunchy ginger snap wagon. Super cute as a gift though - saw several people buying them in serious quantities!

I know it’s not a holiday special, but I really enjoyed the jolly holiday grilled cheese and tomato bisque - more than I thought I would!
That’s a bit of a sleeper hit! I’ve heard it’s good but seriously I want more of that right now!!!

May need to sneak away during the week to try those fritters and ham slider @DLgal!

Disappointed to hear the sandwich wasn’t good. I am wondering, did it have Mayo on it?

No. What would be amazing is if they made it with fresh roasted Turkey breast… like what we eat on Thanksgiving 😂 Instead, they use a poor quality deli meat. I ended up just taking off the Turkey and eating everything else.

Esquites Corn Fritters at Cozy Cone: AMAZING. So crispy and great flavors. We plowed through these.

Ham slider at Winter Sliderland: SO good. Really good quality ham...not like deli ham at all, like really good ham roast. Loved the bread and the cheese and cranberry were perfect compliments. Really hearty portion too. We each got our own and it was filling enough to basically be lunch.

Chicken Tinga Arepa at Paradise Garden Grill: sleeper hit. I didn't even notice this in the foodie guide, but saw it while our kids were having some pizza nearby and ordered it. VERY well seasoned. Great item and sharable portion. It had lots of chicken, beans and guacamole on it. Hefty.

Hot cocoa Macaron: my son loved it. He was thrilled that they FINALLY ditched the crushed peppermint on top.

Mickey head gingerbread cookie: other son loved this. He prefers this one to the Mickey gingerbread man. He likes the glaze on the head only version.

Pumpkin layered cheesecake: really good. I liked this more than I thought I would. I am not a huge pumpkin fan, but I love cheesecake and try them all. I have one pumpkin treat per year and this was it. It was good. I'd get it again if I liked pumpkin pie more.

Overall, we had a really good experience yesterday DCA and DL. The booths were not very busy and there were plenty of spots to stop and eat. I was kind of taken aback. I expected much larger crowds and longer lines.

I just took a screenshot of your post so I can try all of these things when we go back! Yum!

I wanted to try a lot of these things so happy to read your positive report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter