Foods On a Budget

LifeIsTinkIsLife

Mouseketeer
I am very surprised that DBF decided on his own that he wants to plan a last trip before our passes expire. I feel like a burden on him because I lost my job (Work study, and I am done at that school) So for now I am working for free for 300 hours and then I finally graduate and get a GOOD job! He called me while he was at work and said he missed it and wanted me to find a room! My response went something like this >>>>> :)

Oh who am I kidding, it was more like this. >>>>> :scared1::scared1::woohoo::yay::banana::dancer:

:lmao:

Anywho... we are still on a budget! I signed up for a free breakfast at Mimi's cafe. (I have a question about that in a minute....) I was wondering if there are any other places that offer a free ______ for signing up on their website like Mimi's does. It could be anything, we like Quizno's and we'll eat McDonalds, any other fast food. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

And about Mimi's. The coupon expires on the 21st, which is our first day there. We will be leaving at like 2am that morning and were planning on eating on the road so we can go straight to the park. Can we go back for lunch or dinner and use that coupon then? Or do we have to have it for breakfast? Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

I would bring a cooler of get a hotel with a fridge. I'd also find a hotel that has free breakfast. That way you can charge up each morning on oranges and cereal. Also try to eat late lunch instead of dinner.

If you can swing it get a close hotel that has a microwave. Make some popcorn and eat it while going to the park, it filling and cheap. Just don't burn it.

Not too budget, but a good discount is restaurant.com. If you look up anaheim, you'll find House of Blues in DTD on there. You can get a $25 for $10, which comes to around $2-5 based on the current discount (just google, "restaurant.com coupon code"). You will have to spend $35 to use the $25 discount though.

So for $2, we get $25 to use. Factoring in the $2 for the certificate, we'll call it $23**. We spend $35 - $23** certificate = $12 for a delicious sit-down meal in Disney. Make it your "splurge" night and treat yourself!

Can you bring a cooler? I think eating in your room is about as cheap as it gets. ;)

Also, here is a site with coupons that might help you out:
http://www.anaheimoc.org/Articles/Archive/Webpage10153.asp#dining
There is a good Subway coupon, as well as McDonald's and IHOP. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the site! I'll check it out!

I would bring a cooler of get a hotel with a fridge. I'd also find a hotel that has free breakfast. That way you can charge up each morning on oranges and cereal. Also try to eat late lunch instead of dinner.

If you can swing it get a close hotel that has a microwave. Make some popcorn and eat it while going to the park, it filling and cheap. Just don't burn it.

To reply to both about the cooler, yes I am planning on bringing a cooler, but I didn't think about bringing homemade meals! I will probably cook some spaghetti and have that for dinner one night. I also have a $25 gift card to Cali Pizza Kitchen that we're going to use. :) I just checked and our hotel has a fridge and microwave.

Now any answers on using the Mimi's free breakfast coupon for lunch or dinner? I guess the main question is do they serve breakfast all day?

Just got back from the parks and stayed at the Ramada Inn Maingate and they are doing a remodel so there rooms are cheap like $59 a night. All rooms come with micro and fridge. And they have a free continental breakfast.

When we where there we did breakfast at the hotel, brought in snacks and then many days came back to the hotel for lunch, reload up on snacks and have 1 meal in the park. Other times we ate outside the park at Dennys or McDonalds.

There is a Food 4 Less on Katella and a Wal Mart of I5 just north of the parks.

We are staying at the Quality Inn on Harbor, it is behind Fairfield Inn! I found a room for only $50 a night, so the total with tax was only $120. :yay:

But since our hotel is within walking distance, we will probably do this too.

Is Anaheim Garden Walk within walking distance?

We are staying at the Quality Inn on Harbor, it is behind Fairfield Inn! I found a room for only $50 a night, so the total with tax was only $120. :yay:

But since our hotel is within walking distance, we will probably do this too.

Is Anaheim Garden Walk within walking distance?

Its a walk but not bad. We got dinner to go from McDonalds not a bad walk. Thing I found with resturants around the park is that while cheaper than the park they are still more than at home.

I think Mimi's breakfast menu items are only served until noon. I would sign up under a new email address closer to your trip to have a longer expiration date for the Mimi's coupon, then you don't have to worry about using it by the 21st.

I think Mimi's breakfast menu items are only served until noon. I would sign up under a new email address closer to your trip to have a longer expiration date for the Mimi's coupon, then you don't have to worry about using it by the 21st.

That's what I was going to say. Just add another email address to their mailing list and you will have another coupon. :thumbsup2

Our Mimi's serves breakfast all day. Since you've signed up for Mimi's now keep an eye out, they send me a new coupon weekly it seems. :) Not another free breakfast one tho, if you're worried about being able to use it just sign up again with a different email. :)
I think the GW is just barely walkable personally. But if I had CPK to look forward to (especially with a gift card!) I'd do it! LOL :)

Its a walk but not bad. We got dinner to go from McDonalds not a bad walk. Thing I found with resturants around the park is that while cheaper than the park they are still more than at home.

I did look that up on their "order online" menu, and compared prices to our CPK here and at AGW, and they were the same. So hopefully it will be the same case eating in the restaurant!

Well we did plan it out that we would just go get brunch after spending a couple hours in the park.... but I may do that instead just in case we want to use it a different day. We might not even want to leave for a long time on our first day! Specially since it's still a weekday and we will want to take advantage of the morning before school lets out for the kids. :thumbsup2

That's what I was going to say. Just add another email address to their mailing list and you will have another coupon. :thumbsup2

Our Mimi's serves breakfast all day. Since you've signed up for Mimi's now keep an eye out, they send me a new coupon weekly it seems. :) Not another free breakfast one tho, if you're worried about being able to use it just sign up again with a different email. :)
I think the GW is just barely walkable personally. But if I had CPK to look forward to (especially with a gift card!) I'd do it! LOL :)

I will call them tomorrow and see if they would take the coupon later on in the day! Maybe we could just order breakfast for dinner and have that Friday night and CPK for Saturday!

It's nice to hear from you again, I haven't been on in forever haha. I can't believe it's been a whole year since your passes expired! Mine expire at the end of this month, and we don't plan to renew at least not until I get a job. :( Do you have any trips that you're starting to plan for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter