• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Foot Golf on Property

Kmedders

Mouseketeer
Hello all - I'm curious if anybody here has played Foot golf on property, and if so, did you enjoy it? I have a tee time for our trip next month. It will my my husband and I, and our girls, 9 and 11. Both of my girls play soccer - so I'm sure they will destroy me. But, would love to hear some feedback from anybody who has played.

I have not played on property. However, when I have done it, I had soreness in muscles that I didn’t know existed. So, keep that in mind for you and your husband for walking in the parks the next day.

I have not played on property. However, when I have done it, I had soreness in muscles that I didn’t know existed. So, keep that in mind for you and your husband for walking in the parks the next day.
Ha! Thanks for the warning!

Is it silly that I was annoyed to see they have a dress code to play foot golf??
Ha! I was surprised to be honest... and slightly annoyed that for FOOTGOLF my girls either have to wear a skirt or Bermuda shorts. Soccer players don't wear either of those for soccer. So my 11 year old, non-dress-wearing-daughter will be forced into a skirt. :)

Ha! I was surprised to be honest... and slightly annoyed that for FOOTGOLF my girls either have to wear a skirt or Bermuda shorts. Soccer players don't wear either of those for soccer. So my 11 year old, non-dress-wearing-daughter will be forced into a skirt. :)
Exactly!! I have three girls and they were not planning on packing any of those. Jean shorts or bike shorts were their plans for the parks. I'm not sure we are going to do it anyway. It sounds fun, but we probably won't be doing it. We have a lot of park days and some non park days things we want to do. Not sure this is going to make our list.

On the issue of dress code, it's because it's not a pure foot golf facility. It's a golf facility allowing foot golf. So, the golf dress code prevails. FWIW

Keep in mind that FootGolf is one of the Plus options included in a "Water Park and Sports" or "Park Hopper Plus" ticket so that could impact your decision for which park tickets you purchase.

Was this at Disney?

I am confused because the website says no denim, it does not say skirt or bermuda shorts required.

From the Disney Foot Golf website:
"Since the game is played on a golf course, the basic uniform of FootGolf is similar to traditional golf apparel, with sturdy indoor soccer shoes, or running shoes, being the most appropriate to help protect your feet from potential injury! Knee length Argyle socks are customary, but not necessary, as is the use of a Flat Cap. Appropriate, non-offensive, golf or athletic attire is also recommended; denim jeans or shorts are not permitted."

Was this at Disney?

I am confused because the website says no denim, it does not say skirt or bermuda shorts required.

From the Disney Foot Golf website:
"Since the game is played on a golf course, the basic uniform of FootGolf is similar to traditional golf apparel, with sturdy indoor soccer shoes, or running shoes, being the most appropriate to help protect your feet from potential injury! Knee length Argyle socks are customary, but not necessary, as is the use of a Flat Cap. Appropriate, non-offensive, golf or athletic attire is also recommended; denim jeans or shorts are not permitted."
I was wondering this too! I did see mention on a non-Disney site of a stricter dress code (collared shirts and bermudas/skirts) but I wondered if that was outdated since the Disney site doesn’t mention it.

We may go check it out later this week, if we do I’ll report back on our experience. My kids have long-ish casual shorts and I have capris but none of us have collared shirts here. It looks like a lot of fun.

Edit: just watched a few YouTube videos and see plenty of folks in t shirts and athletic shorts have been able to play, so I think following the dress code quoted here is safe!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter