Foot Pain Remedy?

I agree with a lot of the recommendations here. I also take a disposable water bottle, fill it most of the way and freeze it. When I get back to the room, I roll it with each foot so I get the icing and the massage. I also recommend calf stretches with your heel up and your heel down (like on the edge of a step) - that is a stretch the PT told me to do when I had feet problems.

I have Achilles tendinitis which I can’t seem to get rid of. The best shoes I’ve found for me ate Oofos which are very soft and have excellent support. A physical therapist recommended them to me a couple years ago. I have their flip flops too which are equally supportive. Another good brand of flip flops with excellent support are Archies. Oofos and Archie’s are expensive but we’ll worth the cost. My husband and daughter both have very flat feet and have professionally engineered hard supports from our foot dr. They cost a few hundred each…again well worth the cost.

At WDW, Maybe break down and rent a scooter. You are not going to have fun if you have foot pain. My dad started doing this many years ago. He would park it and walk around a bit when he felt fine and stand in a few lines. And then he would use it when his feet were tired and he couldn't handle all the walking.

My feet are typically killing me after walking all day in the parks. I have great socks and good footwear that I alternate on days so no issues with blisters, just general foot pain. What do you use to relieve your foot pain? I remember using a cream in the past but I can't remember what it was called. Help!
When I was performing at the Connecticut Renaissance Fair back in 2001 one of the regular cast turned me on to this trick.

Preparation H. Now don’t look at me like that.

Prep H is topical Phenylephrine, the same as that fake pseudoephedrine that doesn’t really work for clearing up congested sinuses. But it’s a strong vasoconstrictor.

It will keep your feet from getting swollen and sore.

Lately I’ve been trying the nasal spray Afrin, oxymeta….something. As it was recently approved for formulating as a topical vasoconstrictor. It works as well but needs reapplication through the day.

-Advil preventatively.
-Magnesium lotion or epsom salt gel (if muscle cramps are an issue)
-Liquid IV with Vit C (dehydration can be an issue even for kids)
-Bob and Brad mini massage gun
- Pro foot epsom salt foot gel
-Temple spa foot cream
-Aspercreme with Lidocaine (must have)
-Activene (with arnica MSM, Ilex, tea tree oil; must have for any pain-foot, back, shoulder, knee)

-Eddie Bauer active pro cool max socks (loose/old socks cause blisters)
-Saucony Endorphin Pro shoes (no more pain/limping/tight calves walking 20-24k steps a day; toe box is tight takes some getting used to)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012A5Z89K?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/BOB-BRAD-Pocket-Sized-Massager-Percussion/dp/B08M8YSFC7/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=2QN48NW5F8IKE&keywords=bob+brad+mini+gun&qid=1652843839&sprefix=bob+brad+mini+gun,aps,91&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

https://usa.templespa.com/sole-balm...bREfsdk-nUpmv-duUUZ6M5QUAYgzNlcBoCi9UQAvD_BwE

-Advil preventatively.
-Magnesium lotion or epsom salt gel (if muscle cramps are an issue)
-Liquid IV with Vit C (dehydration can be an issue even for kids)
-Bob and Brad mini massage gun
- Pro foot epsom salt foot gel
-Temple spa foot cream
-Aspercreme with Lidocaine (must have)
-Activene (with arnica MSM, Ilex, tea tree oil; must have for any pain-foot, back, shoulder, knee)

-Eddie Bauer active pro cool max socks (loose/old socks cause blisters)
-Saucony Endorphin Pro shoes (no more pain/limping/tight calves walking 20-24k steps a day; toe box is tight takes some getting used to)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012A5Z89K?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/BOB-BRAD-Pocket-Sized-Massager-Percussion/dp/B08M8YSFC7/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=2QN48NW5F8IKE&keywords=bob+brad+mini+gun&qid=1652843839&sprefix=bob+brad+mini+gun,aps,91&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

https://usa.templespa.com/sole-balm...bREfsdk-nUpmv-duUUZ6M5QUAYgzNlcBoCi9UQAvD_BwE
I've been thinking about a massage gun. You must like this one.

I've been thinking about a massage gun. You must like this one.
I have the full size Bob and Brad and a yaber mini (currently unavailable on Amazon). Bob and Brad is a good brand (sometimes they have coupons/promotions) and it really helps with muscle cramps. I do walk 20-24k at Disney so it’s a necessity. My entire family uses it after the parks. Activene helps with inflammation and knee pain (you can’t use the gun on knees only muscles).

I agree with the good socks (snug fit and cool) and shoes. Those have helped tremendously.

Dehydration is a major cause of muscle cramps btw (read reviews):

https://www.costco.com/liquid-i.v.-hydration-multiplier-plus-immune-support,-24-individual-serving-stick-packs-in-resealable-pouch.product.100676223.html

One of the reviews mentions in Chiropractor Berg’s videos is on high uric acid and planter fasciitis. Cure high uric acid (causing gout), and the foot pain goes away. Too much Vit D (by supplementation) can cause AFIB.

Gin soaked raisins or Apple Cider Vinegar

https://divinitynutra.com/health/apple-cider-vinegar-gout/

Last edited:
I have Achilles tendinitis which I can’t seem to get rid of. The best shoes I’ve found for me ate Oofos which are very soft and have excellent support. A physical therapist recommended them to me a couple years ago. I have their flip flops too which are equally supportive. Another good brand of flip flops with excellent support are Archies. Oofos and Archie’s are expensive but we’ll worth the cost. My husband and daughter both have very flat feet and have professionally engineered hard supports from our foot dr. They cost a few hundred each…again well worth the cost.
(I know this is an older thread)I can sympathize with your Achilles tendonitis, a few years ago I was having some issues with my Achilles tendon and ankle. My ortho ordered an MRI which revealed a torn tendon in my ankle as well as some slight tearing of my Achilles causing pain, tightness, and inflammation. He put me in a boot with a wedge in the heel for 8 weeks with strict instructions to be non-weight bearing without the boot on. I also had to do 8 weeks of PT heavy on stretching and building my quads and hamstrings as well. This in conjunction with dexamethasone iontophoresis worked miracles. Now when I feel my ankle/Achilles tendon tightening up I will make sure to go back to the stretches my PT gave me for extra insurance. My ortho explained that due to the way that women are built we tend to have issues that stem from our hips and having weaker quads/hamstrings that put extra stress on the structure of our knees and ankles.

Are you normally on your feet all day? The standing & waiting gets to me sometimes more than the walking. Can you start doing some walking ahead of your trip to get your feet in shape?
Agreed. The standing is far worse than the actual walking for me. Last summer, when everything was standby only, was by far the worst my feet ever ached because so much of our day was standing around in lines.

This year with Genie+, even though we averaged 9+ miles a day, my feet felt better than last year because we were on the move more and not standing in lines so much. My daughters had some rubbing on the back of their heels from their shoes/sandals that required a Band-Aid to prevent a blister or cut, but that's about it. Thankfully we're in good shape.

I like the idea of ibuprofen to help preventatively with the aches. We're always going to have tired/achey feet at the end of a Disney day.

Dan

I actually got this tip on the boards somewhere, but at the end of each night I lay on my bed upside down and scoot all the way to the wall and sit with my feet up on the wall for about 10 mins. or so. I think it seems to help.

I actually got this tip on the boards somewhere, but at the end of each night I lay on my bed upside down and scoot all the way to the wall and sit with my feet up on the wall for about 10 mins. or so. I think it seems to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter