• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Football players, Jiminy Cricket's fat brother, and some tipsy tourists...DONE! p.9

Wow, I'm glad you were able to get into Sanaa even with the cancelled reservation. I was worried there for a minute! :lmao:
Lunch looked pretty good! So how does it work there? Are there , like, set courses and you choose something for each one? I'd really like to try lunch there some day (seems like the best time b/c of the animals being awake) but don't want to be too stuffed!

Just found your trip report...something about that title made me look twice. ;) I'm looking forward to reading some more updates.

Congrats on your college graduation! and good luck finding the right job.

Sorry about the interview but I agree with the previous poster - do something you LOVE. You're young still & it's understandable to be changing your mind but you should follow your gut. There's nothing worse than getting up and going to a job every day that you don't enjoy. Hang in there. The right opportunity will come your way. :thumbsup2

I laughed so hard at your mom's Jiminy drawing. :rotfl: I, too, had read about the animation studio but had never been before. It is hard to find but Lauren and I finally attempted it during our last mom/daughter trip last year. We got to draw Pluto:

Mine was awesome.................
DSC04216.jpg

Your mom drew "fat Jiminy"; Lauren drew "sick Pluto":
DSC04217.jpg

:rotfl:

Adorable picture of you and your mom at Fantasmic, btw. We love that show - but only under the right weather conditions.

Great update! We are staying at Kidani this summer, but not eating at Sanaa. It doesn't win out with the girls over eating with Princesses and Mickey :) Guess one day we will!

I really want to do the drawings! That looks like great fun! I love Jiminy, so I am glad you did him. :)

You'll have to try it someday. I would love to stay at Kidani someday so I hope you come back and share some pictures and tell us all about it!

great update!!!! I can't wait to see how your dinner went.

Thanks girl! I need to go catch up on your TR!

Aloha! I just got caught up on your trip report! :cheer2: I'm anxious to see if our paths ever crossed while we were both there! So far it looks like you and your Mom had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to read more!!! :lovestruc

Thanks so much! There were a few DISers who were there the same time as I was but I don't think I saw any of them!

Great update!

I like your mom's drawing. By the way, you and your mom look a good deal alike.

My mouth is watering.

Thank you! People used to say we looked more alike when I had my natural hair color :rolleyes1

Oooh lunch looks like it was good! Love how the place looks too!

YAY, American Idol! :woohoo: I cannot wait to do this one again.

:rotfl: Love the pics of Jiminy! How long do the drawing sessions last?

The drawing session was around 25 minutes I think. It was great! I could sit there all day and draw the different characters.

Yay, a new update! That is funny about doing AI twice in a row. Are you ready for tomorrow night?! :banana:

Great job on the drawing too. I think I might have to try that when we go (even though I am NOT an artist at all. LOL!).

I am a horrible artist!! They make it really easy and the instructions are step-by-step.

I'm glad your lunch at Sanaa still worked out! DH and I are not adventurous eaters at all, but the food looks pretty good! DH is less adventurous than me though, so I'll never have a chance to try it. :laughing:

We absolutely LOVED the drawing class! I laughed a little at your mom's picture, but at the same time I can feel for her. Wait till you see my drawing of Donald Duck! Make sure you show it to her when it's posted so she can get a good laugh at my expense too. :thumbsup2

The Osbourne Lights were probably my favorite Christmas thing that we did while there, and I didn't expect it to be! They were beautiful, and you're right, much better in person than in pictures. Pictures can't really capture how large scale everything is!

Great update! :thumbsup2

OK, I cannot wait for your Donald picture!!

Wow, I'm glad you were able to get into Sanaa even with the cancelled reservation. I was worried there for a minute! :lmao:
Lunch looked pretty good! So how does it work there? Are there , like, set courses and you choose something for each one? I'd really like to try lunch there some day (seems like the best time b/c of the animals being awake) but don't want to be too stuffed!

It is just like a regular meal and since we were on the DxDP we were able to have an appetizer, main course, and dessert. It was SO much food but everything was so delicious!! You've got to try it.

Just found your trip report...something about that title made me look twice. ;) I'm looking forward to reading some more updates.

Congrats on your college graduation! and good luck finding the right job.

Thanks for joining and thanks for the congratulations and good luck. My job search has me so frustrated right now so it is really nice to have some encouragement :goodvibes

Sorry about the interview but I agree with the previous poster - do something you LOVE. You're young still & it's understandable to be changing your mind but you should follow your gut. There's nothing worse than getting up and going to a job every day that you don't enjoy. Hang in there. The right opportunity will come your way. :thumbsup2

I laughed so hard at your mom's Jiminy drawing. :rotfl: I, too, had read about the animation studio but had never been before. It is hard to find but Lauren and I finally attempted it during our last mom/daughter trip last year. We got to draw Pluto:

Mine was awesome.................
DSC04216.jpg

Your mom drew "fat Jiminy"; Lauren drew "sick Pluto":
DSC04217.jpg

:rotfl:

Adorable picture of you and your mom at Fantasmic, btw. We love that show - but only under the right weather conditions.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. It's horrible right now and I am seriously contemplating running away...not a day goes by that my parents don't nag me and ask me why I can't be more like my siblings :confused3

I love Lauren's sick Pluto!! I would've loved to draw him. Maybe next time!

Awesome update! :thumbsup2 Now I do want to try Sanaa for lunch!!

I still have not gone into AI. Not sure why, but we have never made it there. I need to add it to my list for September.

So, how do you like our weather? Sucks, doesn't it?

Awesome update! :thumbsup2 Now I do want to try Sanaa for lunch!!

I still have not gone into AI. Not sure why, but we have never made it there. I need to add it to my list for September.

So, how do you like our weather? Sucks, doesn't it?

Ugh this weather REALLY makes me want to be in WDW right now!! I took my dog for a walk yesterday and I seriously got a workout from climbing through all the snow! And yes, you should try Sanaa for sure. Flying Fish will be up next!

I think you're one of the ones that convinced me to go to Sanaa. That food looks great!

It looks like it was cold.

Our house love AI too! I LOVE Carrie Underwood. Love her new song, Temporary Home. Cooler to know she wrote it.

Hi!! I just found your TR!! I'm excited to read it as we're planning a trip to WDW this December!! :goodvibes Congrats on your graduation from college!! What was your major?!

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry I am super late!! We have been really busy since we got back a little over a month ago!! Boy...that went fast! Anyway...just as the New Year came and went and I was ready to settle in and read TR's and start my own...I spilled wine in our laptop! LOL So...long story short...got a new computer and we are now in business again! I read up on the whole thing so far. It all looks great so far! Can't wait for more! I am starting tomorrow night! So, be on the look-out!

Yes, I am eager for spring too. It's a little warmer today, but still not anywhere near warm.

What part of the country are you in? My biggest problem with living up here in Cleveland is there is NO SUN!

I think you're one of the ones that convinced me to go to Sanaa. That food looks great!

It looks like it was cold.

Our house love AI too! I LOVE Carrie Underwood. Love her new song, Temporary Home. Cooler to know she wrote it.

Good! I can't wait to hear how you like it. And I am so glad to find another Carrie Underwood fan! That song makes me cry but I just love her new album.

Okay, thanks girl!

No prob!

Hi!! I just found your TR!! I'm excited to read it as we're planning a trip to WDW this December!! :goodvibes Congrats on your graduation from college!! What was your major?!

Yay! Welcome and thanks for joining in. I've been slacking majorly on coming on the DIS but I will try to update soon. I'll have to check out your plans as well!

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry I am super late!! We have been really busy since we got back a little over a month ago!! Boy...that went fast! Anyway...just as the New Year came and went and I was ready to settle in and read TR's and start my own...I spilled wine in our laptop! LOL So...long story short...got a new computer and we are now in business again! I read up on the whole thing so far. It all looks great so far! Can't wait for more! I am starting tomorrow night! So, be on the look-out!

OH MY GOSH! That is so crazy. I cannot wait to hear all about your trip because it looked like you had some amazing stuff planned!

I'm in Massachusetts. There's not much sun here either.

I saw your ticker. Good job getting started. I'm trying to lose my last 12 lbs.

Ohh yes, I can imagine how cold it is! And thanks - I stole the ticker from you! So far my idea is working. Last night I was about to eat some cookies then thought "no, then everyone on the DIS will see that my ticker isn't moving" LOL!

Good luck with the last 12 pounds!!!

joining in a little late, going down in April to WDW and hated flying too so I guess driving down

Good for you! I passed up an ice cream sundae today.

Woo woo!

I'm thinking of using the ticker too. I joined Weight Watchers and lost 2.6 in my first week. Ugh, this is hard!

That's awesome!! Do you do it online or go to the meetings?

joining in a little late, going down in April to WDW and hated flying too so I guess driving down

Thanks for joining! I hate flying but driving gives me anxiety. So at that point it just comes down to which would get me there faster...I'd rather be in the plane for 2 hours than in a car for like, 18!

Hey guys. I have been MIA again for awhile and I am so sorry. I am really stressed out and just trying to figure out life. Hopefully I'll be back soon to update and catch up on everyone's trips!

Glad to see you back!

Big decisions are hard to make, but delight in the fact that you have good choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter