Footwear for Disney?

fitislandgirl

Earning My Ears
I am normally an Asics running shoe girl but I have been told it's way too hot in Florida (in August) to walk around in sneakers. Is this true? If so what would you recommend wearing all day? I have sandals I can take but I find they usually dig into my toes for long walks. Are Crocs better? Same for kids too please. Our trip is only 12 days away :)

We leave next week and we've opted for no sneakers to avoid the sweating in shoes and socks. We purchased a pair crocs each about a month and a half ago, and LOVE LOVE :lovestruc LOVE them!! So comfy, I'm not 100% sure how its going to hold up with the plastic and sweat mix, but we're going to give it a try. We're also bringing along our most favourite and comfortable pair of sandles. And when all else fails, my fav flip flops (which I've already done the parks in, so shouldn't be a problem)

Just remember that keeping your feet comfortable is super important while you're there, one little blister or sore heel or toe can totally ruin your day.

Thank you!! We will be at the Coronado Springs on August 31st. This is our first trip so we are REALLY excited! I think I will look into Crocs as numerous people have recommended them to me. Thanks so much :)

On another note - are you taking a digital camera? I pre-ordered PhotoPass cd for $99 but I want to pick up a nice point and shoot digital camera to take my own pics. Looking for recommendations on a type/brand :)

Teva mush flip-flops and keens are my favorite. My kids usually are happy in flip-flops or keen type shoes too! I've found crocs to be too slippery in some areas when the ground gets wet. :confused3

We do a combo of sneakers and sandals. We are a Keen family. My boys wore their Keens all week on our recent trip, and hubby and I rotated shoes (seems to help.) We both seem to need better arch support when we're going to be on our feet and walking for 12-14 hours a day!

We don't have issues with our feet feeling 'hot'...it's worth it to us to have good shoes. I always see tons of people wearing flipflops...but our feet won't let us!

Just got back and there wasn't a day that I didn't wear my sneakers. I usually do purchase wicking socks so that they stay dry but even when I didn't wear them I was fine. I wear EasySpirit sneakers which I think would actually be warmer than yours. I think you will be just fine!:)

We do a combo of sneakers and sandals. We are a Keen family. My boys wore their Keens all week on our recent trip, and hubby and I rotated shoes (seems to help.) We both seem to need better arch support when we're going to be on our feet and walking for 12-14 hours a day!

We don't have issues with our feet feeling 'hot'...it's worth it to us to have good shoes. I always see tons of people wearing flipflops...but our feet won't let us!

Wish I'd learned that lesson my first couple of trips! Bringing 2 pairs of shoes and swapping them out each day (or each 1/2 day if I could) made a huge difference in my feet and back the last few trips.

CROCS! These work the best for me. They are on sale right now on the website; enter "crocs25" on the checkout page for a 25% discount. Two pairs, with tax and shipping, came to $52.

ROTATE your shoes, even if they are the same style of shoe. It makes a difference.

SPRAY your feet every morning with an aerosol antiperspirant. Let it dry before putting on your shoes. This helps keep my feet from sweating in my crocs (without socks, of course!).

MOLESKIN- stick this on "hot spots" before your feet blister. Put this on drained blisters (sometimes I put a piece of gauze over the actual blister itself before covering the area with moleskin, so the stickum doesn't stick to the soft blister skin).

MASKING TAPE- This is the secret of the Rockettes, which my DD learned when she went to their training course. Put it right on your skin anyplace your shoes rub. Keeps blisters at bay! DD swears by it!

I think you'll get as many answers as there are posters, but this works well for me. YMMV.

I too rotate my shoes. Some days it's flip flops other sneakers. Always well worn in shoes that I am use to wearing.

Like everyone else said, we rotate our shoes daily, I have horrible feet, I get blisters very easily. I use crocs, Keen Bali and Teva Tirra sandals. I just ordered some new crocs, there is a 25% off code right now. My DD wears Teva Tirra and Lands End Sandals. I find it best to wear sandals that won't hold in moisture because of water rides. My DH wears Crocs Scutes and he likes those best. Have a great trip.

I have always done tennis shoes, even on hot summer trips. I get blisters if I wear anything else.

I wear sneakers or my Keens. There is nothing worse than wet sneakers! If there is a good chace of rain I wear the Keens. They are nice and open and dry quick.

I must be the only person in the world who hates Crocs. I bought them for a trip wore them the whole day and had to practically crawl back to the room at the end of the day because my feet hurt so bad.

Teva mush flip-flops and keens are my favorite. My kids usually are happy in flip-flops or keen type shoes too! I've found crocs to be too slippery in some areas when the ground gets wet. :confused3
I totally agree with this. I do NOT let my DD's walk in crocs at Disney if it's going to rain or is raining. Their walkways get super slippery and my DD's have gotten some serious brusies and cuts that way. They can wear them if it's dry but not wet.
My DD7 wear her Teva Mush flip flops most of the trip as they are soooo comfy and my DD2 will be wearing Keens which she really likes. Their back up shoes are crocs.
I will be wearing my Teva Mush flip flops or my strappy tevas depending on the day.
I find that it's really important to wear something not only comfy but that I can get wet and it'll dry quick. Keeping my feet wet at Disney in the heat really helps to cool my body temp and the kids. There are lots of places in the parks for the kids to get wet. Plus in August/Sept it rains a lot so quick drying footwear is key for me!

I always wear sneakers to Disney. I can't imagine walking 12 -15 hours a day in anything else. My DH and DS also wear sneakers. My DD wears a combination of sneakers and sandals. (since she got old enough to pack her own stuff like around 10, before that she wore sneakers)

I've worn them at all times of the year and temperatures.
I like crocs around the house but I would not be able to make as good of time walking in them vs my sneakers.

We are a Crocs family too! Last year I was pregnant and I spent 10 days walking around wearing crocs- not a blister ! Definately recommend them!

We all wore tennis shoes on our Disney Trip, and it worked out great! DH works in the heat all summer long (12 hour days and it's 100+ all summer here) and is required to wear tennis shoes, so I never even thought about our feet getting too hot. I did see a lot of people wearing the keen enclosed sandals, and I think we will get those next summer for everyone in the family just to have a 2nd shoe option. I don't think I'd wear anything that didn't snugly secure to my foot and protect my toes, but I'm a worry wort.

The only shoes I pack for Disney are my FitFlops. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Good luck! :)

I had sworn I would never wear crocs but I found a pair on clearance for $10 and they were more like a flip flop style (not covering the whole foot). I LOVED them and they have turned into my favorite pair of shoes. I want to buy some for DH next time we go :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter