Footwear for Guys

My DH wears jeans ALL THE TIME. He does not wear shorts because he has a skin condition - when he does, people stare and scoot away and it makes him uncomfortable. He wears 3/4 sleeves year round too. It's just something we've learned to deal with.

Anyhoo--- my DH was dead set against crocs. He said they are ugly, blah, blah, blah... Then I got him a pair of crocs thong flip flops. He didn't wear them, wouldn't wear them... then one day when washing the car, I suggested he slip them on (just at home - we're used to the skin thing), and he LOVED how comfy they were. Next time we were at the outlet, he got a pair of the "ugly" clogs to wear when he home brews. Now, I see they have shoes for men that look like real shoes... I'm going to get him a pair next time we're at the Crocs Outlet. :)

At home, you'd never see me walking around in gym shoes unless I was actually going to the gym. At WDW, it's just the opposite because you really need something that has plenty of support and is comfortable. If he's a gym shoes kinda guy, have him wear gym shoes.

My DH won't wear sandals but he loves Ecco shoes. He wears these to the parks--says they are tons more comfortable than tennis shoes. They are expensive but last forever.

01.jpg

Thanks everyone for the advice! I am going to share this thread with DH and make some choices. :thumbsup2

We're a Teva family through and through. DH and I STILL have (and wear) our original pairs that we bought for our disneymoon **mmmphbl** years ago. :rotfl: We just bought new ones for all four of us for the September trip. We went for the open-toe style just to maximize keeping the foot as cool as possible.

Whereas we wear the type of Teva I posted because of the airflow....but mainly because an open toe at Disney is like some kind of hidden invitation to have your toes run over by a stroller or ECV.;)

My hubby is a sneaker, boots guy everywhere but at Disney. In Disney after the first trip he switched to Keens. they are "cool" and cool. They have a lot of support, allows air to get into his feet and dries off during wet seasons. He doesn't sell easily and he won't go to Disney without them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter