FOP at early entry rope drop wait time

Plan Man

Mouseketeer
What would guess the wait time will be if we arrive 30 minutes before early entry and walk in a civilized manner to FOP? We will get to AK by 7 a.m. for an early entry opening at 7:30 in September after Labor Day

according to thrill data it's approx 30-45min for the month of September last year

That line builds fast. I checked the stats on Touring Plans from yesterday for an example.

The actual wait at 7:31 was 25 minutes. It was up to an hour by 8:10.

Friends did what you’re discussing this week and the wait was almost an hour. The earlier you can arrive the better. It’s hard to give an exact amount of time you might wait as literally every minute makes a difference.

Friends did what you’re discussing this week and the wait was almost an hour. The earlier you can arrive the better. It’s hard to give an exact amount of time you might wait as literally every minute makes a difference.
This is a good point. I hate to say it, but arriving at 7 won't put you near the front of the line. The last time I tried this same strategy, i arrived ffty minutes before entry and still waited in line about 25 minutes. That said, most of that twenty five minutes was spent winding through the long line. It was moving almost the entire time, so it didn't seem that bad. But if you wait to arrive until thirty minutes or less before opening, you are going to be in line behind a lot of people

We have done that and made it work. But you need to be toward the front of the line before they let you in the park. Arrive at least 45 minutes before ee. Civilized manner is a matter of opinion, but it is not a slow leisurely walk or the line will build ahead of you. As others noted, the line builds quickly and will be 60-90 by park opening.

As others have said, the line builds very fast. There are many variables… arrival time, crowd calendar, day of the week (weekend vs weekday), ect….

We entered (tapped in) at 7am for a 7:30am early entry this past week, walked to FOP with the masses, and waited 25 minutes until we entered the ride.

I got there around 7:10 for 7:30 EE and got lucky because they opened another tap and I passed probably 20 or so people in line for the next one to the left who weren’t paying attention.

I was walking down the ramp to the theater just before 7:50.

I checked the Touring Plans stats from yesterday for some more data.

The reported wait was 65 minutes at 7:45 am then up to 80 minutes by 8:30.

The shortest reported wait of the day was right at closing time, but it was still 50 minutes.

On Wednesday I just missed an AK bus from the Swan, still got in line at 755 am (early entry was 730) and it still took 60. I couldn't get up earlier because I had done 7am Monday to get the Guardians pass and had done 8am Studios on the day before. Maybe go to AK earlier in your trip than I did. Depends what you value the most and how many rides are new to you.

Get there as close to 6:30 as possible and use the line to the far right. They sometimes open up new gates just before opening.

I'll be rope dropping FOP on Disney+ day. Since I'm a subscriber and staying on property I get to enter AK at 7:00 am but I won't have car. I'm staying at POP. Can I count on the bus to get me to AK by 6:00 am? Sure doesn't sound promising. Does anyone have any experience with buses that early? Or should I make other arrangements? TIA

We have done that and made it work. But you need to be toward the front of the line before they let you in the park. Arrive at least 45 minutes before ee. Civilized manner is a matter of opinion, but it is not a slow leisurely walk or the line will build ahead of you. As others noted, the line builds quickly and will be 60-90 by park opening.

People straight up run and will push you out of the way!

I'll be rope dropping FOP on Disney+ day. Since I'm a subscriber and staying on property I get to enter AK at 7:00 am but I won't have car. I'm staying at POP. Can I count on the bus to get me to AK by 6:00 am? Sure doesn't sound promising. Does anyone have any experience with buses that early? Or should I make other arrangements? TIA
There’s not any of history on ‘2’ ETPE times but rule of thumb is to arrive at your resort transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins. In your case I’d recommend being at the Pop bus stop at 5:30 to have the best opportunity of being towards the front of the crowd. No guarantee that buses will be running at 5:30 but you will be towards the front of the bus queue at Pop for when they start.

We were on the first bus yesterday from Pop Century. It arrived at 6:30. We were near the front of the tapstiles to enter the park. We were held for quite awhile. Then we were allowed to enter and got held again at Pandora. Then we were told to get in a single file line and follow the cast member to the ride, walking slowly, not running. We were on and off in around 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter