• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOP before park closes

jecon

Mouseketeer
I thought I read that they closed the line an hour before park closing instead of at park closing time. Has anyone tried this recently or was it just because crowds were so crazy last week? TIA! We are headed there end of January and our plan is to hit FOP right before the park closes.

I know someone there in the past week where they got in line 15 minutes before park closing with a 180+ minute posted wait time and they finished the ride in 90 minutes. You just have to get there before park closing, 2 minutes late is no ok.

I remember reading a report about that, but have not seen that ever happen. Our experience has been, as long as you are in line before the park closes, you will get on the ride. Usually a 30 minte wait or less for FoP in our experience.

There was a single unvalidated report based on what someone told them. Until you hear differently from more people, as long as you're on line 1 second before closing you're good.

There was one person who heard the ride would be closing early one night but there were no confirmations that it actually occurred.

There have been plenty of reports of 20 minute waits close to closing time. The shortest posted wait I’ve seen on Touring Plans was 17 minutes a couple of months ago.

Just keep in mind that the posted wait times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders.

When I was there in November there was a posted wait time of 120 minutes when I got in line at 7:55 (park closed at 8pm). I waited 40 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter