FOP Fast Pass. Are us "30 day" off property people screwed???

Too bad your trip isn't a few weeks later, I have a feeling that FOP will become a little easier to get once Toy Story Land opens and people start obsessing over getting those FP.

I'm staying for two weeks in May (May 5 - May 19) and I'm into day 5 of my Fast Pass booking, because I stay at a timeshare and not on property so I fall under the 30 day FP booking.

So far I have not been able to snag a single, and I mean even one, FP reservation for FOP. Has this become the new "sprint to the ride" attraction at rope drop? I always make rope drop so that's not an issue. I'm use to doing the sprint for 7DMT at Magic Kingdom, Frozen at Epcot, and Toy Story Mania at HS. My concern is sprinting to a new land I have never been in and finding a ride with five other people in tote will be a challenge.

I see the advantage of staying on property mainly to take advantage of the 60 day FP booking, but it would be nice if they saved a few FP's so us "30 day" people could fight it out at 7am.

Has anyone been able to snag up a FOP under 30 days?

Lots of onsite guests have been shut out as well. I certainly wouldn't stay onsite only for that.

We were there spring/easter week = VERY BUSY. We never saw FOP come up for day of FP+ but we had no plans to go to AK (unless they popped up) so we were not looking hard. We were able to get EVERYTHING else including 7DMT and FEA day of, for 3.

I was unable to get one at my 60 day mark last fall. I got a Na'vi FP and every day refreshed to check. I obtained one at under 30 days out. Additionally, I got another one day of, on our departure day as we were wandering AK (constant, constant refreshing as we walked around. ate lunch). It's hard but I wouldn't say it's impossible, and a FoP FP isn't something that would make me want to book an onsite stay. If I didn't get one, I probably would have opted to go just before park closing.

I agree with PP's.

Keep refreshing.

If you can't get it, then go right before closing. The line continually moves, and at most you will wait about 60 minutes.

I was unable to get one at my 60 day mark last fall. I got a Na'vi FP and every day refreshed to check. I obtained one at under 30 days out. Additionally, I got another one day of, on our departure day as we were wandering AK (constant, constant refreshing as we walked around. ate lunch). It's hard but I wouldn't say it's impossible, and a FoP FP isn't something that would make me want to book an onsite stay. If I didn't get one, I probably would have opted to go just before park closing.

I agree with PP's.

Keep refreshing.

If you can't get it, then go right before closing. The line continually moves, and at most you will wait about 60 minutes.

Refresh is your friend!!!!

When we got FEA, we were in FutureWorld and literally got it and walked straight to FEA. The Standby line was out the Norway courtyard and along the wall towards China. He we were strolling straight in with a FP+ we literally picked up minutes before. :confused3 Any one of those in line could have done the same thing.

Any one of those in line could have done the same thing.

Not necessarily...I don’t know what time you were there, but it’s possible that some of the people in line hadn’t used all of their FP entitlements for the day, and thus couldn’t pick up a 4th FP yet. Or their party had more people than FPs available.

I'm staying for two weeks in May (May 5 - May 19) and I'm into day 5 of my Fast Pass booking, because I stay at a timeshare and not on property so I fall under the 30 day FP booking.

So far I have not been able to snag a single, and I mean even one, FP reservation for FOP. Has this become the new "sprint to the ride" attraction at rope drop? I always make rope drop so that's not an issue. I'm use to doing the sprint for 7DMT at Magic Kingdom, Frozen at Epcot, and Toy Story Mania at HS. My concern is sprinting to a new land I have never been in and finding a ride with five other people in tote will be a challenge.

I see the advantage of staying on property mainly to take advantage of the 60 day FP booking, but it would be nice if they saved a few FP's so us "30 day" people could fight it out at 7am.

Has anyone been able to snag up a FOP under 30 days?

Keep trying!! We booked under 30 days from our trip and we were able to snag FOP for 2 people for 1 something in the afternoon. It is doable!

Keep looking I scored FP+ for FoP 2 weeks out ... I still see them DAILY for Navi River for the date we are going to be there ... People change their plans all the time and you might luck out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter