FOP - FP and RD?

Luckysix

Earning My Ears
Hello, We have early afternoon FP for FOP. We plan to RD AK. Would you suggest to RD Na’vi River Ride, or FOP (so we could experience FOP 2x).

If we went with the route of RD FOP, we would line up for River after RD FOP.

Thanks. Our trip is in 2 weeks. I’m beginning to doubt my original touring plans .

Rope drop can be the busiest time of the day for this attraction. I checked several days recently and the wait times were up to 210 within 10 minutes of park opening. The waits were down to 30 within 10 minutes of park closing on the same day.

RD will be chaotic at FOP. If you really want to ride 2x, then it may be worth the wait, but then you will want to arrive to AK over 1 hour before park opening. If you want a more leisurely morning, then get there 15 minutes before opening and RD NRJ.

Last Thanksgiving we rope dropped FOP and then rode again later in the day using a FP. We were at the park about 45 minutes before the official park opening. I would recommended doing it that way over riding River Journey at RD.

We did Navi at Rope Drop (without having to arrive more than about 15 minutes before park open) and had a minimal wait. We were glad we did it this way, as the waits the rest of the day became much too long to be worth it (for this pleasant but unexciting attraction).

I agree with the PPRD is still crazy if you can get on the river one with a 30-minute wait at RD I would do this and then use your FP for FOP

We went last year in June, so I made my FP before FoP actually opened. Because no one knew how awesome it was, it was an easy FP to get. Once we rode it, I instantly regretted not making a FP for it on another day. So, chances are, you will want to ride it twice. However, even though my family would have loved to ride it again, we weren't willing to deal with rope drop madness or an hours long wait, so we just rode that one time.

You have to show up about an hour earlier to successfully RD FoP than if you want to RD Na'vi. My family hates crowded rope drops, so for us, it's not worth it. But if you're game, you certainly won't regret riding twice.

I managed to get a 4th FP for Na'vi, so we never rope dropped anything. We won't be riding Na'vi again unless there's no wait. It's just not our thing.

Easywdw has some great posts about doing rope drop for FoP. Google easywdw flight of passage rope drop, and you'll find posts for a 9:00 open, an 8:00 open, for EMH, and for just doing Na'vi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter