FoP Glasses

Jamie77

DIS Veteran
Everyone's talking about how great this ride is but there is never talk about how ill-fitting the 3D glasses are. They constantly shift during the ride and you don't get crystal clear vision. The effect I get is that of cheap 3D glasses, nothing like the ones you get at Mickey' s Philharmagic, A Bug's Life, or Muppets 3D, although they ARE cheap looking. What gives? Why is no one talking about this? I can't imagine how difficult it must be for small children to use these glasses.

They are HUGE. The three times I rode, I had to hold the glasses on my head (and I am an adult, I can't imagine them being anything but horribly fitting on children) instead of holding onto the handlebars of my vehicle. Next trip, I'm going to bring one of those sports holders that you put around the back of your head on the glasses to hold them on.

A few in my party are thinking we need to bring headbands to help hold them on.
It seems like they will stretch with use and the fitting problem may continue to get worse.

It's still an incredible, amazing ride!

they are big and slip some on me. the last time I road the person in front of me walking out ask the CM collecting them if they had a smaller pair.

Everyone's talking about how great this ride is but there is never talk about how ill-fitting the 3D glasses are. They constantly shift during the ride and you don't get crystal clear vision. The effect I get is that of cheap 3D glasses, nothing like the ones you get at Mickey' s Philharmagic, A Bug's Life, or Muppets 3D, although they ARE cheap looking. What gives? Why is no one talking about this? I can't imagine how difficult it must be for small children to use these glasses.

They WERE talked about in the dedicated Pandora thread

There's been plenty of talk about it in the Pandora thread.

They are on the bigger side and I didn't have any issues, but I can see why little kids would.

As far as cheap, I thought the opposite. I think feel and look wise their probably the best that wdw has

There's been plenty of talk about it in the Pandora thread.

They are on the bigger side and I didn't have any issues, but I can see why little kids would.

As far as cheap, I thought the opposite. I think feel and look wise their probably the best that wdw has

I didn't say they were cheap, but give the effect of being cheap. The ghosting I experienced with them reminded me of those cheap Cracker Jack blue/red 3D glasses that don't really work. Once I pushed them up and held them in place (until I had to hold on again) the images looked great.

Random and probably dumb question but how well do the glasses fit for people who already wear glasses? I normally have contacts but this year I'll be sporting glasses.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the glasses as well! The edges of the glasses seem to be more clear.. It's like the glasses had a matte finish to them.They were not scratched or anything though. FOP is an amazing ride, but the glasses were getting in the way... :worried:
I found it kind of funny how they told use to hold onto the bares at all times, but I had to keep pushing my glasses back!:rotfl2:
Hopefully they will change them out for better ones soon.:hippie::cool2:

Random and probably dumb question but how well do the glasses fit for people who already wear glasses? I normally have contacts but this year I'll be sporting glasses.
Because they are so large, they fit over my glasses just fine. On my 2nd ride, I had to nudge them up a time or 2.

There was also talk of this in the Pandora thread and those that were wearing glasses said they were fine putting these over their own glasses

I was wondering about wearing them over my own glasses as well, so thank you for answering that here. I didn't want to wade through thousands of posts on the "Official" thread to get one little answer!

As noted, there's been plenty of talk about the glasses. And the powers that be know it as well. CMs have said that new, smaller glasses are being worked on.

It's hard to believe that in the hours and hours of testing the attraction, that this issue wouldn't have been considered and you'd think that 3D glasses made to fit all sizes would have been developed as well.

It's hard to believe that in the hours and hours of testing the attraction, that this issue wouldn't have been considered and you'd think that 3D glasses made to fit all sizes would have been developed as well.
Seriously. Even our local movie theaters have adult and child 3D glasses. And those seats don't move!

I have only been on it once, just about a week ago. I guess I was so focused on the ride itself I didn't pay a ton of attention to them. So for me they were neither "OMG good" or "OMG bad", as I didn't notice them much. I recall they were pretty large, and my kids said they were a bit loose but nothing drastic. But if there's a lot of complaints about them being too big, smaller ones wouldn't be bad.

I have only been on it once, just about a week ago. I guess I was so focused on the ride itself I didn't pay a ton of attention to them. So for me they were neither "OMG good" or "OMG bad", as I didn't notice them much. I recall they were pretty large, and my kids said they were a bit loose but nothing drastic. But if there's a lot of complaints about them being too big, smaller ones wouldn't be bad.
3D glasses are like umpires and referees. If you don't notice they exist, they are doing a great job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter