• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FoP Glasses

Also I've seen a baseball cap work too, people slipped the sides of the glasses under the hat.

Been wearing eyeglasses since I was 7 years old. No problem wearing the FoP/TSM or maybe Soaring/(?) glasses on my face with my daily eyewear underneath.
Think you might have a problem? A dollar store elastic headband is lightweight, easy to find, and low cost for any sex.

Last edited:
Let me add that we used the silicone bands and based on the posts on this thread I would favor the headband idea more.

The ends of the FoP glasses are bigger/flared and it was a bit tricky sliding the silicone on. It worked though all the same.

The headband idea seems simpler and works as well or better.

Also to endorse a PP, you’ll have 3 minutes or so. You won’t be rushed.

I have a freakishly small head and the first two times I rode it was miserable because I couldn't keep them on. I had to hold on to them with one hand the entire time. So, the third time, I got smart and used a headband. I just slipped it on right before getting on the ride and put the glasses under it. I wore it around my wrist the rest of the day. I would think a ball cap would work as well, maybe turn it backward so it's a little snug around the head and slip the arms of the glasses under it. Hmmmm, I might even try that myself next time since I always have a ball cap with me.

After our first flight, which is when I found out I’d have a hard time keeping the glasses in place, as soon as the the glasses were handed to me I began to gently bend them inwards until it was time to put them on my face. Worked like a charm.

My 10 year old daughter said they kept sliding down when she looked down. She got to ride again with child swap and said second time she was fine. Idk

My 10 year old daughter said they kept sliding down when she looked down. She got to ride again with child swap and said second time she was fine. Idk
I think some have got more stretched out than others. My first ride they would not stay on my head at all, second time they were loose but I could get them to stay on without holding them. My 6 year old was fine first time, but said they wouldn't stay on the next time. If I was doing it again and found them as bad as my first pair I'd ask to try different ones

I ordered sweatbands to bring for my kids. They will be 7, 7, and 8, and have giant heads, but thought having them couldn't hurt. They tested them out with my sunglasses (I have a huge head as well) and the bands held them in place very well.

Great idea I will test with my sunglasses too!

Just got back and wanted to say the headband idea worked great! We put them on DS6 and DS8 and they had no issues with the glasses falling off. Both boys declared it the best ride ever! So thanks for the tips!

I'm hoping DS8 will ride FoP with me. But he's an anxious kid and will be super worried if the glasses fall off. Can he hold them with one hand and hold on with Another? Should he just not wear them? Any suggestions would be appreciated so I can prepare him ahead of time. Thanks!
I found that the glasses were HUGE. I had to hold on to them with one hand, which wasn't ideal. I'd suggest bringing those straps for holding eyeglasses in place during sports and using those while riding.

I found that the glasses were HUGE. I had to hold on to them with one hand, which wasn't ideal. I'd suggest bringing those straps for holding eyeglasses in place during sports and using those while riding.

We ended up using a headband to hold them in place and that worked great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter