• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FoP on 7:00am EMH Mornings

m3b

Mouseketeer
I’m going March 5th and EMH is 7. Anybody experienced that and how early you need to arrive to make the rope drop approach work to get onto FoP? I’m thinking arrive at 6:15.

I'd get there by 6:15 at the latest. I'd try to shoot closer to 6am or just a little before. The earlier the better.

I’m going March 5th and EMH is 7. Anybody experienced that and how early you need to arrive to make the rope drop approach work to get onto FoP? I’m thinking arrive at 6:15.
They are going to open the tapstiles at about 6:15 if they do the same timing as an 8am EMH. So you should plan to arrive no later than 6.

I'm going the same day and I'm planning to arrive no later than 6am. I keep hearing 1 hour before park opening is best. I might even shoot for a tad earlier.

So what about Nav'i for a 7am EMH morning? I've got a FP+ for FOP at 8:10am but I'd like to rope drop and ride Nav'i. Should I still arrive by 6:15am?

I'd get there by 6:15 at the latest. I'd try to shoot closer to 6am or just a little before. The earlier the better.

If the OP does this, realistically how long of a wait will it still be? At least an hour I am assuming?

If the OP does this, realistically how long of a wait will it still be? At least an hour I am assuming?
Do you mean how long will the wait for FoP be if you arrive at 6 AM? Only the length of time it takes to walk through and do the pre shows after the park opens. You'll have a wait but it's spent before the park opens, the time spent after the park opens is minimal.

As you probably know...they actually let people in through the turnstiles before the stated park opening. Once inside the park, you walk to the next stop point on the way to Pandora which is a rope.

On our 9:00 park opening day the approximate times were:
7:30 - we had parked our car and were 5th in line at our turnstile. We were at the turnstile on the far right and two turnstiles even further right were closed. Once CMs arrived, they opened up the closed turnstiles by walking to the back of the line and having several people come forward to create lines at the now open turnstiles. So some people got lucky!
7:55 - CMs arrived at the turnstiles to much applause from the guests in line
8:15 - guests were let in through the turnstiles and walked or ran (despite repeatedly being told otherwise) to the rope
8:45 - guests at the rope walked behind the rope fairly orderly to get to FoP
9:10 - we were finished with the ride

So I agree with other to arrive no later than 6:00.

I was thinking that since it is opening at 7 the crowds may be lighter than when it opens at 8 or 9. Anyone been there on a 7 am open day?

I was thinking that since it is opening at 7 the crowds may be lighter than when it opens at 8 or 9. Anyone been there on a 7 am open day?
I have the exact same question. Surely, we don't have to arrive at 6 a.m. The busses probably won't be running that early.

Crowds will certainly be lighter but it won't be empty.

I'd still arrive by 6am

I have the exact same question. Surely, we don't have to arrive at 6 a.m. The busses probably won't be running that early.

Buses start daily about 6:30am. They start a little earlier if a park is opening at 7am.

Best bet is drive yourself or Uber though imo

People will drive or Uber. Over the summer when we wanted to ride FOP at rope drop on an 8:00 AM EMH morning, we ubered around 6:15 and by the time the busses started arriving, it was already packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter