FOP or Na'vi River FP+

Duck143

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I'm starting to create the list for booking our FP+ for our May trip. We have scheduled 2 AK days and I want your advice. Should I book FOP both days or split and do FOP one of the days and Na'vi the second? How difficult has it been to get SDFP for Na'vi? Has the wait for the river ride been as long as FoP? What do you all think?

Thanks as always!!!

Go early to AK and ride Na'vi first. In my experience everyone rushes to FOP leaving the line for Na'vi very manageable. In Jan we got to the park just as the rope dropped so we were in the very back of the crowd. We rode Na'vi 3 times in 40 minutes. The first time we got in line it was 5 minutes. FOP was already posted at 90. As we left Pandora the wait time for Na'vi was 15 and FOP 180.

Go early to AK and ride Na'vi first. In my experience everyone rushes to FOP leaving the line for Na'vi very manageable. In Jan we got to the park just as the rope dropped so we were in the very back of the crowd. We rode Na'vi 3 times in 40 minutes. The first time we got in line it was 5 minutes. FOP was already posted at 90. As we left Pandora the wait time for Na'vi was 15 and FOP 180.
We have a PPO at Tusker House RoL package one AK morning and then we're back at AK a second morning. I'll try this for both and we'll get on na'Vi. I'll try to book FP+ for FoP at 60 days.

Im going with a family of 6 and they dont like "Thrill" type rides so one of our FP will be navi. Just to see it some people say its boring but it looks pretty and is a nice relaxing boat ride. So im for it.

That's what I thought too. We definitely want to ride it while we're there, so is it possible to score a SDFP for it? Or waiting in the standby line a (reasonable) option?
If you are staying until park close, get in line for Na’Vi a few minutes before the park closes. It should be a short wait...we did this in September after RoL and it was a 10 minute wait.

NRJ FPs are rarely available “day of,” they are difficult to find a few weeks in advance.

Im going with a family of 6 and they dont like "Thrill" type rides so one of our FP will be navi. Just to see it some people say its boring but it looks pretty and is a nice relaxing boat ride. So im for it.
Navi is a must for our trip too....but everyone wants to ride FoP and I don't want to waste the FP+ if Na'Vi is eaiser to get in other ways.

Hi All,

I'm starting to create the list for booking our FP+ for our May trip. We have scheduled 2 AK days and I want your advice. Should I book FOP both days or split and do FOP one of the days and Na'vi the second? How difficult has it been to get SDFP for Na'vi? Has the wait for the river ride been as long as FoP? What do you all think?

Thanks as always!!!
Book your fast pass for FOP both days. Then get there an hour and 15 minutes before the park opens and ride FOP at rope drop too! That's how good it is! You will want to ride multiple times. I guarantee this. Try to squeeze Navi River in sometime, but no big deal if that never happens.

Definitely two days on FoP. We did that. Then on our first day, we arrived around 8:25 on a 9 am opening day. We got in line at the bridge with oodles of people in front of us. Once they released us (maybe 8:30 or 8:35) we walked to Navi. Took us 8 minutes to get on the ride and most of that was walking thru the queue. We were off at 8:46 am.

That's what I thought too. We definitely want to ride it while we're there, so is it possible to score a SDFP for it? Or waiting in the standby line a (reasonable) option?

Go early and do SB, Yes SDFP is possible and we have walked right on close to park closing. You will likely want to ride FOP more than the once so I would do your FP+ for that.

SDFP seems to be only a little bit easier than FOP. In other words, unless you get lucky, you will likely have to refresh a lot. We’re going in May also and our plan is to FP FOP and RD Na’vi.

You guys are great! I'll make 2x FoP FP+ my priority and then should I go for 7DMT or FEA? Which one is more difficult lately?

Not sure, but when we've wanted both, we've been able to get both.
I'll just add, having been on both, for us, it wouldn't be a big deal to miss either of those two. I'd say FEA is probably easier to get. I know we've ridden it standby a few times because the posted wait wasn't that bad.

Hi All,

Thanks as always!!!
FoP both days! That's the only advice I have for you. You will not regret it!

Last edited:
Got your two FoPs first, then start on your main/difficult attraction in your first park day, and go from there.

If your first day is MK get 7DMT next
If your first day isn’t epcot, get FEA

The further you go into your trip, the easier it will be to get FPs.

You guys are great! I'll make 2x FoP FP+ my priority and then should I go for 7DMT or FEA? Which one is more difficult lately?

I think 7DMT is a little tougher. They're not hard to get, but they're hard to get in the morning early in your trip. Even on my day 3, I couldn't get 7DMT till 1:00 pm, until they extended the hours.

Got your two FoPs first, then start on your main/difficult attraction in your first park day, and go from there.

If your first day is MK get 7DMT next
If your first day isn’t epcot, get FEA

The further you go into your trip, the easier it will be to get FPs.
Our first day is Epcot, so I'll try for FEA after FoP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter