FOP question

desertbloom

Mouseketeer
Greetings everyone! Can someone give me an idea of how herky jerky fop is? I have herniated discs in my neck (roller coaster injury) and have to be careful on anything too jerky or high speed. I do fine on Star Tours. Is it worse than that? How I miss being able to ride coasters

I think FoP is smoother than ST. Soaring & swooping - but faster than Soarin’! There are maybe a couple times where your banshee stops quickly, but nothing like ST.

Very few say FoP is jerky. I find it to be very smooth.. Way smoother than Star Tours

Thanks to you both! That helps a lot. I appreciate it. Usually I will send my husband to test a ride first but the wait time for fop is just too long to do that.

My mom was also worried, as she had a broken back several years ago that has healed, but after my family all rode it, she was comfortable trying it, and she was ok. But, as always I tell people it's up to them to try or not and don't let anyone pressure you into it. I find it to be smoother than star tours as well, for what it's worth.

I think its much smoother than ST. Rode it again yesterday by coincidence, and didnt have any issues. I dont do roller coasters, find ST more jarring than Soarin', and if at all, FOP is not to be missed.

It's pretty smooth. I also have a herniated disc in my lower back and did not find FoP to be aggravating or anything.

My son has nerve damage in his spine and it doesn't bother him. You do need to know the back rest will come up and press against your back. Doesn't hurt my back but presses me right up against my sternum in the front, causing GERD to act up. I've learned to kind of brace my arms before it comes up, thus giving me a little space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter