• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOP with arm cast?

MHSweb79

DIS Veteran
i had thumb surgery and will have a cast on for our trip during Labor Day week. By some miracle, this week I scored FP’s for FOP but now I’m concerned they won’t let me ride. I will have one hand and 4 fingers to hold on to the handlebars- anyone done this?

I would hate to have to let my DH ride twice while I wait outside. :headache:

i had thumb surgery and will have a cast on for our trip during Labor Day week. By some miracle, this week I scored FP’s for FOP but now I’m concerned they won’t let me ride. I will have one hand and 4 fingers to hold on to the handlebars- anyone done this?

I would hate to have to let my DH ride twice while I wait outside. :headache:
You don’t even need to hang on with one hand. Many people have ridden while holding onto the 3-D glasses with one or both hands. You’ll be fine. :goodvibes

I’ve ridden it a few times before, but I just wasn’t sure if they’d let me on. Thanks- you have made me feel much better.

We went to Disney in May and my 10 year old daughter was in a long arm cast for the whole trip and she got to ride every ride at Disney and the cast members never questioned her at all!!

My son's arm was in a sling during our last trip (so completely unusable/ unable to move into a different position) and he had no problem riding FOP. We had been especially worried about overhead restraints but even those weren't an issue!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter