"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Oh that’s terrible, what a shame. I feel so bad for all of them. I’m hoping when things get back to normal a lot of them come back.
When we would go to visit our dd, whichwas five times in nine months lol, I think I enjoyed it more than she did. I would pick her up from work at west clock, behind the mk. All the cms coming and going. She took us into cast connections ( I almost went broke lol) Took is into Disney University, that was cool.
The one day she came to the mk with us, she had her costume in her back pack. Went through security and all I herd was the guard say, welcome to work! I don’t know what she said to him and being my kid I’m sure it was something smart. Lol but they both were laughing away. ( she knew him from the tunnel. ) We did a keys to the kingdom tour, when we were in the tunnel, a bunch of them asked her if she’s a tourist now?
Sorry to be rambling, I just miss the WDW.

Oh that’s terrible, what a shame. I feel so bad for all of them. I’m hoping when things get back to normal a lot of them come back.
When we would go to visit our dd, whichwas five times in nine months lol, I think I enjoyed it more than she did. I would pick her up from work at west clock, behind the mk. All the cms coming and going. She took us into cast connections ( I almost went broke lol) Took is into Disney University, that was cool.
The one day she came to the mk with us, she had her costume in her back pack. Went through security and all I herd was the guard say, welcome to work! I don’t know what she said to him and being my kid I’m sure it was something smart. Lol but they both were laughing away. ( she knew him from the tunnel. ) We did a keys to the kingdom tour, when we were in the tunnel, a bunch of them asked her if she’s a tourist now?
Loved your ramble. Feel free to ramble more.

Last edited:
No need to apologize! I do remember when she was in the CP.

She looks so young in this picture wow! Lol
I remember this night, her costume was two sizes to big. She wore ten different costumes while she was there. She said they don’t come small , medium, large, they had numbers on them and they were not a size. So your Halloween pants could be a 15 but your Main Street pants could be a 18. Lol
I have to find the picture she took down Main Street at night after the park was closed with a lot of the lights off and nobody around.537403

She looks so young in this picture wow! Lol
I remember this night, her costume was two sizes to big. She wore ten different costumes while she was there. She said they don’t come small , medium, large, they had numbers on them and they were not a size. So your Halloween pants could be a 15 but your Main Street pants could be a 18. Lol
I have to find the picture she took down Main Street at night after the park was closed with a lot of the lights off and nobody around.View attachment 537403
Yes! I remember you posting that pic!! Lol

I know this don’t have much to do with driving but since vacations are a little slow right now.....
I want to introduce you to a special sweet lady. We met Earlene a few years ago, she was a original cast member at WDW. She was hired in September 1969 and her first role was in the WDW welcome center that was built before the magic kingdom was built. We always stopped to see her. All she wanted was to make 50 years of service and she did. We didn’t see her in March and hope she is doing well. 537859

I know this don’t have much to do with driving but since vacations are a little slow right now.....
I want to introduce you to a special sweet lady. We met Earlene a few years ago, she was a original cast member at WDW. She was hired in September 1969 and her first role was in the WDW welcome center that was built before the magic kingdom was built. We always stopped to see her. All she wanted was to make 50 years of service and she did. We didn’t see her in March and hope she is doing well. View attachment 537859
. I’m not sure anymore how many are still working. There was a server at Narcoossee who worked in the Contemporary on opening day. I think his name is George but he retired a few years ago. He said at that time there was about 8 left and every year the company had a dinner for them. If you look on her name tag there is a gold Mickey head up in the left corner, that gold Mickey from what she told me is an opening day cast member pin.

Tomorrow marks the 101 days !!!
Wednesday comes the double digit dance.
last September my wife and I did the less known, intimate dining experience at the Grand. The CM who sets all this up is a concierge cm and we were in contact with another sweet lady, Pat Thomas. I had a few nice conversations with Pat before our trip. We were on the phone over 45 minutes the first time. I told her my history with WDW and she wanted to see pictures. Lol
She said she would be working the night of our dinner and we should ask for her. We did!
We chatted for the longest time, I had brought pictures of my childhood, honeymoon and of course dd trips.
She also set us up to see the Walt and the Roy suite in the Grand. She also told us she was in stage 3 of cancer.
I tried to email her and it is a wdw email so I was hoping she was just retired. She was in her early 70s.
Well the other night through another form, I got to talk to a coworker of hers.
She is retired and is hanging in there. She is having a ruff go but said she will be fine. She will keep us posted.
I’ll see if I can find some pictures of that night. It was incredible!!!
Some people just don’t understand, which is fine but for some, it’s more than just rides, characters and Mickey bars for some of us.

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone has done the drive down I-95 recently? We head out from NJ early morning after Thanksgiving. Wanted to make sure things were opened to get gas and use a bathroom. Not just rest stops, but places off of the exits as well. Thanks!

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone has done the drive down I-95 recently? We head out from NJ early morning after Thanksgiving. Wanted to make sure things were opened to get gas and use a bathroom. Not just rest stops, but places off of the exits as well. Thanks!
Sorry, I wish I could say I have. Rest stops should remain open. I know a lot of the fast food restaurants in our area are drive thru only.
Have a nice trip!!

Sorry, I wish I could say I have. Rest stops should remain open. I know a lot of the fast food restaurants in our area are drive thru only.
Have a nice trip!!
Yes, same here with the restaurants. We may just have to stick to rest stops. I guess we will find out soon!

Love the pics! We stayed in the tourett ( spelling??) room for our anniversary about 10 years ago. It was glorious!!
I tried to send you a private message but it said I couldn’t do it.
I bet it was. I have no idea why about the private message. I don’t know how to send a pm anymore. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter