"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

BC, glad you are there safe and sound!

We do an afternoon nap everyday but the last day. Lol
Rope drop, back to room to pack and load and get locker picked up and than off to a park for an early diner. Back to room by 6pm. Up at 2am and hit the road.
I get out of Florida before everyone wakes up. Zip through Orlando and Jacksonville. After the last diner, no sense hanging around. Lol

Yeah, so we're kicking this idea around. It all started with our target hotel stop on the way home offering an 8 - noon check in upgrade....and MK being open late our last night...and me being an excellent afternoon napper....and not so good an evening sleeper after the adrenaline of the MK at night....

It'll end up being a play called the day of or day before, I think. We usually have a relaxing time of it while in FL (Pixar Uno on the Boardwalk, anyone?) , and if that holds, then neither of us will be exhausted. If it turns out to be a high energy vacation, then the plan won't even be considered.

We departed with a full tank of gas from the Jersey Shore, and needed two additional tankfuls to make it to WDW. Total cost of the those two additional tankfuls: $49.50, our lowest one-way total ever after 39 drives (our first drive was in 2002).

All the best!

BC, glad you are there safe and sound!

Yeah, so we're kicking this idea around. It all started with our target hotel stop on the way home offering an 8 - noon check in upgrade....and MK being open late our last night...and me being an excellent afternoon napper....and not so good an evening sleeper after the adrenaline of the MK at night....

It'll end up being a play called the day of or day before, I think. We usually have a relaxing time of it while in FL (Pixar Uno on the Boardwalk, anyone?) , and if that holds, then neither of us will be exhausted. If it turns out to be a high energy vacation, then the plan won't even be considered.
For years we would hit rope drop at mk, head over to dtd to get our souvenirs than back to the mk. Anymore, we don't get souvenirs. ( except those darn bracelet beeds that cost me a few hundred bucks every trip now )
Head back to the resort around 6 and lay there looking at each other. Lol
I get up at 3am to go to work so for me to get up at 1-2am is no big deal.

We departed with a full tank of gas from the Jersey Shore, and needed two additional tankfuls to make it to WDW. Total cost of the those two additional tankfuls: $49.50, our lowest one-way total ever after 39 drives (our first drive was in 2002).

All the best!
I have to make three gas stops. My fuel cost is a bit more, I have to use 93 Oct. it wasn't too bad this last trip. It was a tad over $400 for a few trips when gas was up there.lol I don't even put it in sport I keep it in Eco.lol
I have to bring her out of hibernation on Wednesday, heading down to wills eye on 8th and walnut in philly. Just Tams yearly check up.

Just home from our 31st drive since 2007. Food & Wine fest was wonderful. Tried every single food item- took us 5 days. Favorite items were the ravioli at Sustainable Chew, the salmon at the Chew booth. Even tried the haggis at
Gas prices at the Speedway by Boardwalk kept dropping all week - was 1.95 on Friday, the day we left for home.
Now we were planning a trip for December - our forth trip for this year.

We hit the road one week from tomorrow. Taking the van in for service tomorrow to get it in tip-top shape for the drive.

Just home from our 31st drive since 2007. Food & Wine fest was wonderful. Tried every single food item- took us 5 days. Favorite items were the ravioli at Sustainable Chew, the salmon at the Chew booth. Even tried the haggis at
Gas prices at the Speedway by Boardwalk kept dropping all week - was 1.95 on Friday, the day we left for home.
Now we were planning a trip for December - our forth trip for this year.

We missed you by one day!

All the best! :thumbsup2

Took a drive in our CR-V today: Boardwalk to Grand Floridian for a breakfast reservation.

Speedway regular @ $1.95.

Took a drive in our CR-V today: Boardwalk to Grand Floridian for a breakfast reservation.

Speedway regular @ $1.95.

Heard they other day they think gas prices for you back home may get down to $1.50. Saw several cash prices of 1.69 this week. Though in my immediate area most are still in the 1.80's.

Heard they other day they think gas prices for you back home may get down to $1.50. Saw several cash prices of 1.69 this week. Though in my immediate area most are still in the 1.80's.

Alas, int'l price for crude jumped about 6% yesterday. However, if regular prices drop to $1.50, as you suggest, you will be rewarded by us with all the drinks you can consume at Club Cool in Epcot. :rolleyes:

P.S. Our vehicle currently rests in the Boardwalk Inn parking lot.

It's about 6:17 a.m. on Sunday Nov. 1, 2015. Filled up at Disney Speedway last night ($23. @ $1.92).
In about 90 minutes we will begin our drive home. :drive: Details to follow.

All the best from the Innkeeper's Club at the Boardwalk! :thumbsup2

Earlier in this thread (I think) there was a discussion about an alternate route to take to get to Disney rather than going the whole way on I-4. Does anyone know what I'm referring to so that I don't need to search 50 pages of posts? Was it 417?

Safe travels. Looks like there's rain all up the coast. I'm hoping it clears by Tuesday when we hit the road.

We departed the Boardwalk at 7:45 a.m. and had sunny skies through FL, GA and most of SC until 40 miles from NC when occasional drizzle started. Light rain/drizzle throughout NC and 20 miles or so into VA. Then it cleared. We reached our VA hotel for our overnight stay.

No traffic concerns at all during today's drive.

Alas, int'l price for crude jumped about 6% yesterday. However, if regular prices drop to $1.50, as you suggest, you will be rewarded by us with all the drinks you can consume at Club Cool in Epcot. :rolleyes:

P.S. Our vehicle currently rests in the Boardwalk Inn parking lot.

Am I correct in assuming your generous offer does not also include transportation to Club Cool?

Earlier in this thread (I think) there was a discussion about an alternate route to take to get to Disney rather than going the whole way on I-4. Does anyone know what I'm referring to so that I don't need to search 50 pages of posts? Was it 417?

SR417 is the toll road that was referred to. You pick it up in Sanford and get off at exit 6 SR535 which is World Center Dr that then becomes Epcot Center Dr.

SR417 is the toll road that was referred to. You pick it up in Sanford and get off at exit 6 SR535 which is World Center Dr that then becomes Epcot Center Dr.
Thanks. That's what I thought. That's actually perfect for us because we're starting our trip at Marriott World Center which is right on World Center Dr. I think I'll give that a try.

How much are the tolls from Sanford to 535?

Drive #39 from WDW (via an overnight in Petersburg, VA) completed!

We departed Petersburg in the rain (after filling up at $2.83 a gallon). We drove past the rain band near Richmond. For the first time in our memory, we had no traffic of note, even through northern VA! Believe it or not! We arrived home at 3:19 p.m.

Next scheduled drive: January.

Note: The recently-refurbished POTC is a water-logged mess. Flooded boats, standing water, boats listing to one side, breakdowns. A separate thread addresses this on the "Theme Parks" forum

All the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter