• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For all of you worried that Happily Ever After won't be a good replacement for Wishes

Of the fireworks? Absolutely. But remember that the story is told on the castle, by projections. I am not sure how happy I would be just watching the fireworks if I had never seen the projections.

This is going to be a big problem with the show. The necessity to watch it in a particular space, which is actually extremely small given the average days park attendance. At least before you could spread out throughout many areas in the park. Now with the projections, you need to watch it from the Hub which was already far too packed before. We always watched Wishes from Fantasyland as it was never that packed and it was easy to move around straight after the fireworks were over. I can't begin to imagine trying to navigate Main St after the fireworks with people trying to wait for OUAT, others trying to leave and others trying to get back into the other lands. Sounds like a crowd control nightmare.

This is going to be a big problem with the show. The necessity to watch it in a particular space, which is actually extremely small given the average days park attendance. At least before you could spread out throughout many areas in the park. Now with the projections, you need to watch it from the Hub which was already far too packed before. We always watched Wishes from Fantasyland as it was never that packed and it was easy to move around straight after the fireworks were over. I can't begin to imagine trying to navigate Main St after the fireworks with people trying to wait for OUAT, others trying to leave and others trying to get back into the other lands. Sounds like a crowd control nightmare.
Remember that on most nights they open the tomorrowland/main street bypass. It's super convenient. The entrance is between The Plaza and Tommorrowland Terrace and exits by Tony's on Town Square

UGH. Our party of ten will be there this summer with three strollers. I just can't imagine trying to navigate our way out through the mayhem. That said, is the view from the beginning of Main St. acceptable? I know this location would not be great for seeing the projections, but would it provide a decent view of the fireworks?
We're here now with extended family and some of them watched from the area you're asking about and they felt they missed out. So much so that they went another night to get closer to the front.
When we watched HEA from the front, it wasn't too difficult to navigate out through the main street bypass.

Of the fireworks? Absolutely. But remember that the story is told on the castle, by projections. I am not sure how happy I would be just watching the fireworks if I had never seen the projections.

Despite my overall assessment of the show (not as good as wishes, no real story, less emotional impact), I think the fireworks actually stand alone quite strongly. Have seen it three times now, one of which was only fireworks. They are honestly better than wishes fireworks. I think you would be alright to just watch them, even without seen the projections. The projections are neat. But in some way thats another issue with the show, you can't really want both at the same time, they necessarily take away from each other at times. Though, there are also times they work well together, where characters on the castle seem to launch fireworks themselves. That being said, those same fireworks would still look great without seeing the projection.

We're here now with extended family and some of them watched from the area you're asking about and they felt they missed out. So much so that they went another night to get closer to the front.
When we watched HEA from the front, it wasn't too difficult to navigate out through the main street bypass.

Perhaps a good solution for us, if anyone in our group really wanted to see the projections, would be to do the two nights. The little ones in strollers would be happy just seeing the fireworks, so I guess we could trade off nights.
The Main St. bypass is a good tip; we'll have to give this some thought.

Remember that on most nights they open the tomorrowland/main street bypass. It's super convenient. The entrance is between The Plaza and Tommorrowland Terrace and exits by Tony's on Town Square

So this bypass runs behind the buildings on Main St.? I'm thinking if we could stake out a spot near the Tomorrowland bridge would be in a good position to access the bypass?
Just trying to picture this in my mind. Getting closer to our trip and now I'm trying to focus on the logistics of moving our group around.

So this bypass runs behind the buildings on Main St.? I'm thinking if we could stake out a spot near the Tomorrowland bridge would be in a good position to access the bypass?
Just trying to picture this in my mind. Getting closer to our trip and now I'm trying to focus on the logistics of moving our group around.

One side is between the Tomorrowland Terrace restrooms and Plaza restaurant, the other is between Tony's and the Confectionery.

The walkway itself is a 'lightly themed' area but still has a bit of a backstage feel to it.

Last edited:

Look over on Robo's map thread,I'm sure he has a map of the walkway
One side is between the Tomorrowland Terrace restrooms and Plaza restaurant, the other is between Tony's and the Confectionery. Note this is not often open, usually only for very high crowd times. I am not sure if they have been opening it for HEA. I was there last Saturday and I don't 'think' it was open, but I'm not 100% certain about that.

The walkway itself is a 'lightly themed' area but still has a bit of a backstage feel to it.
It was open Saturday cause we used it. It's open most nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter