• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For all you Fashionistas...Which Dress??

Mollydolly334

Honorary Floridian
OK everyone, opinions appreciated and welcome! I love wearing dresses to Disney; they are light, airy and perfectly comfortable! Plus, I need a few nice dresses since there are a few trips my family is taking and 2 weddings I am going to this summer. I have two options that I simply can't decide which one to buy. Of course, another option is to just buy both ;) But I want all of your opinions as well! For reference, I am similar in size to the model of Option 2!

Option 1: I think I am definitely going to buy this one. It is $40. I don't have any long sleeve dresses and this is adorable. I LOVE bohemian-style clothes, so this is right up my alley. I would wear this to to dinner at O'hana.

009002w-9110-2_large_zpsxvbhvbrv.jpg

Option 2: This dress is a bit more casual, but very unique! It is $48. This dress is amazing but the price is making me do a double-take. I love the neckline on this dress and it looks nice and loose/comfortable. I would probably wear this on a Magic Kingdom day.

Unknown-18_zpseuglwxtq.jpeg

Neither is flattering but the second one is really unflattering. It pushes the models chest down and then balloons out! If I had to choose one it would be the first but (1) I don't recommend a long sleeved dress for summertime in WDW and (2) I don't think either is wedding-appropriate, unless the wedding is super super casual.

^^^ I agree. I'm 118 pounds, and I would look like a whale in both of these dresses. I don't like how it has no shape other than to balloon out.
If I were FORCED into wearing one, I would definitely pick the one with the pattern.

I think #1 would be very cute without those sleeves. I can't even figure out #2, are her girls supposed to be below that neck thing or does that area cover them? Either way I don't think its very flattering, but I admit I'm no fashionista.

Like everyone else, I'm not thrilled with #2. But #1 isn't my favorite either.

Neither are very flattering.

And maybe I'm just old, but a little bit of wind and everyone will see everything. Something that short might work if you aren't doing any rides. But even stepping into the People Mover will cause these to ride up.

OK everyone, opinions appreciated and welcome! I love wearing dresses to Disney; they are light, airy and perfectly comfortable! Plus, I need a few nice dresses since there are a few trips my family is taking and 2 weddings I am going to this summer. I have two options that I simply can't decide which one to buy. Of course, another option is to just buy both ;) But I want all of your opinions as well! For reference, I am similar in size to the model of Option 2!

Option 1: I think I am definitely going to buy this one. It is $40. I don't have any long sleeve dresses and this is adorable. I LOVE bohemian-style clothes, so this is right up my alley. I would wear this to to dinner at O'hana.

009002w-9110-2_large_zpsxvbhvbrv.jpg

Option 2: This dress is a bit more casual, but very unique! It is $48. This dress is amazing but the price is making me do a double-take. I love the neckline on this dress and it looks nice and loose/comfortable. I would probably wear this on a Magic Kingdom day.

Unknown-18_zpseuglwxtq.jpeg
If I had to pick I'd say go with #1. #2 has a very unattractive bust-line and looks like a shortie-nightgown in general.
ETA: I just re-read your post - apparently the neckline is what you like best about the 2nd dress - it's what we all dislike most. :thumbsup2 I'm in favour of everybody rockin' their own style so I guess you should ignore our opinions and get whichever one makes you happiest.

That second one would probably look good on a girl who hadn't yet developed a bust. After that I think most women would look like they were wearing a sack, or maybe a nightie. And white in a Disney park?? Um, no.

The first one is boho cute, but I can't see wearing those sleeves in Florida in the summer. And I think it would be appropriate for only the most casual weddings.

I'm in the minority here and love both of them! If you think you can rock them, I say go for it!

I would probably go with #1 for the parks, plus if you want to wear one to a wedding, the second is white which is usually a no-no for a wedding. The second one might be a smidge too short for the parks as well, or at least I wouldn't feel comfortable with something that short in the parks (with the wind, sitting on the curb, etc).

Hey everyone, thanks for the suggestions! Sometimes it is hard to see online whether something can be flattering or not, so thanks for the insight :) I always wear spandex underneath dresses at the parks, but if the white one will billow up too much I'll probably just nix it. Oh and no worries I wasn't planning on wearing the white one to the weddings :)

Sorry, I'm voting down both for the parks. :sad1: Long sleeves too hot. White at the park, no way.

That top portion of #2 is cute in theory, but that dress is neither practical or flattering. I can't even see how a strapless bra would work the cut out is so low. Pasties maybe, I guess? Even the model looks like she has saggy boobs. :scared:

I like both of them but I see them being used more as a bathing suit cover-up. I love the neckline on #2

They're both okay but I don't think either are dressy enough for a wedding. If you're willing to up your budget, you can find nicer boho options at Urban Outfitters/Anthropologie/Free People :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter